Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
National

New Westminster Police officers appeal for witnesses to come forward following stabbing

Darpan News Desk , 20 Mar, 2023 11:33 AM
  • New Westminster Police officers appeal for witnesses to come forward following stabbing

Last week on Tuesday at approximately 7:00 pm, New Westminster Police officers received a call about a stabbing on Alexander Street in Downtown New Westminster. Officers rushed to the scene and located a female with several stab wounds who was receiving medical aid from BC Ambulance staff. The victim was later transported to a local area hospital in serious but stable condition.

Officers searched the area but were unable to locate any suspects. Officers have been actively interviewing witnesses and canvassing the area for CCTV footage. Due to the serious nature of the injuries the Major Crime Unit has assumed conduct of the investigation. At this time, officers believe this to be an isolated incident.

“We take this kind of incident extremely seriously and we are conducting a very thorough investigation to ensure this suspect is identified and held accountable,” stated Sergeant Andrew Leaver. “I would urge members of the public who saw anything suspicious or witnessed the incident to come forward and report information to us immediately.”

If anyone has information on this assault or those involved, they are asked to call the New Westminster Police Department Major. 

MORE National ARTICLES

BC Liberals looking to rebrand with a top choice for party name vote

BC Liberals looking to rebrand with a top choice for party name vote
As part of this process, every BC Liberal member will have the opportunity before the end of the year to vote in favour of changing the name to BC United or keep the existing BC Liberal Party name. In the meantime, BC United has been registered with Elections BC as an alternate name for the BC Liberal Party. 

BC Liberals looking to rebrand with a top choice for party name vote

B.C. senior convicted of 11 counts of sex assault

B.C. senior convicted of 11 counts of sex assault
Coquitlam resident Raymond Gaglardi appeared in B.C. Supreme Court in New Westminster on Monday, and court records show he was convicted on 11 counts. The charges related to historical sexual assaults of young men or teenage boys who attended several Coquitlam-area churches between 1993 and 2007.  

B.C. senior convicted of 11 counts of sex assault

Daily heat records set in many areas of B.C.

Daily heat records set in many areas of B.C.
Environment Canada says a preliminary review of daily maximum temperatures shows records were set in areas from the south and central coasts to the central Interior and northeastern sections of B.C.

Daily heat records set in many areas of B.C.

Weekend shooting in the Guildford area of Surrey lands man in hospital

Weekend shooting in the Guildford area of Surrey lands man in hospital
At approximately midnight on Sunday, Surrey RCMP responded to a report of shots fired in the 16200 block of 80thAvenue. A male suffering from injuries was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.

Weekend shooting in the Guildford area of Surrey lands man in hospital

COVID-19 travel restrictions, mask mandate ending

COVID-19 travel restrictions, mask mandate ending
The cabinet order maintaining COVID-19 border measures will not be renewed when it expires on Sept. 30. But Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos is once again warning that pandemic restrictions could be reinstated if they are needed.

COVID-19 travel restrictions, mask mandate ending

B.C. to cut child-care fees by up to $550 a month

B.C. to cut child-care fees by up to $550 a month
The fee reductions will mean families with children in kindergarten and younger in eligible care, or about 69,000 kids, will receive the lower fees, she said at a news conference Friday at a Burnaby elementary school that provides child-care services.

B.C. to cut child-care fees by up to $550 a month