Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 14 Jan, 2025 04:38 PM
One person suffered minor injuries in a mobile home fire in Prince George on Monday morning.
The fire rescue team responded to the blaze shortly before 11 a-m in the 5100 block of North Nechako Road and found a mobile home with moderate smoke coming from the structure.
Crews were able to douse the fire and damages are estimated at 75-thousand-dollars.
The BC Coroners Services is investigating a house fire in Abbotsford that has killed at least one person and left another two in critical condition. The City of Abbotsford says fire rescue services were called out yesterday to a reported fire at a house that people were still inside.
Prosecutors say they have charged a Surrey police officer with speeding following an incident last year. A statement from the BC Prosecution Service says the charge against Surrey Police Service Const. Jared Cebryk is in connection with events that happened in the city on June 18, 2023.
Calgary's mayor is promising a wide-ranging examination of the city's underground infrastructure after a catastrophic water main break that has forced more than two weeks of use restrictions. Jyoti Gondek says she will be asking council to ensure it has the budget to provide a clear picture of all the city's water system.
The Metro Vancouver Regional District says a fire at a trestle bridge in Richmond, B.C., has been extinguished after sending up huge plumes of smoke that prompted an air quality bulletin for the region. The district says in an update on the social media platform X that air quality has now improved and it will issue an update to end the bulletin.
Calgary's mayor is sticking to opening day of the Stampede as a best-case scenario for the full resumption of water services in the city. But Jyoti Gondek warns that unforeseen problems could delay repairs to a catastrophic water main break that has forced citywide use restrictions for more than two weeks
Families Minister Jenna Sudds says the government hopes to see kids getting meals from the national school food program before the end of the next school year, but it will take time for organizations to scale up their operations. The Liberals set aside $1 billion over five years for the program, which they promised during the 2021 election campaign.