Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Permanent Memorial Site At Broncos Crash Site Sought, But No Decision Yet

The Canadian Press, 20 Jul, 2018 02:01 PM
  • Permanent Memorial Site At Broncos Crash Site Sought, But No Decision Yet
REGINA — A community foundation set up after the fatal Humboldt Broncos bus crash is hoping for a permanent memorial at the site.
 
 
Team spokesman Grant Bastedo says no decision has been made on a potential roadside marker.
 
 
He says members of the Humboldt Strong Community Foundation are to meet in the fall to discuss the idea, although no date has been set.
 
 
Sixteen people died on April 6 when the Broncos junior hockey team bus and a tractor-trailer unit collided at a rural Saskatchewan intersection.
 
 
 
 
Another 13 people were injured in the collision.
 
 
RCMP have laid 29 criminal charges against the tractor-trailer's driver.
 
 
The Saskatchewan government allows memorial markers at highway right-of-ways for grieving individuals or families.

MORE National ARTICLES

Five Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation Of N.B. Building

Five Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation Of N.B. Building
SAINT JOHN, N.B. — A fire official says five people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a public housing unit forced the evacuation of around 30 residents in New Brunswick.

Five Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation Of N.B. Building

Tens Of Thousands Still Without Power After British Columbia Ice Storms

Tens Of Thousands Still Without Power After British Columbia Ice Storms
Freezing Rain Knocked Out Power To More Than 5,000 Customers, Most In Abbotsford And Mission

Tens Of Thousands Still Without Power After British Columbia Ice Storms

Successful Campaign To Cut Thefts From Auto Leads To Arrests In Vancouver

Successful Campaign To Cut Thefts From Auto Leads To Arrests In Vancouver
Const. Jason Doucette says concerns were raised after the number of thefts jumped dramatically in November compared with the same time last year.

Successful Campaign To Cut Thefts From Auto Leads To Arrests In Vancouver

Group Of Montreal Work Colleagues Win $60-Million Lotto Max Jackpot

Group Of Montreal Work Colleagues Win $60-Million Lotto Max Jackpot
MONTREAL — A somewhat secretive group of Montrealers who recently won the $60-million Lotto Max grand prize picked up their cheques Wednesday and were presented to the media.

Group Of Montreal Work Colleagues Win $60-Million Lotto Max Jackpot

Feds Axe $1,000 Fee For Certain Families To Hire Foreign Nannies, Caregivers

Feds Axe $1,000 Fee For Certain Families To Hire Foreign Nannies, Caregivers
OTTAWA — Some families seeking foreign caregivers to look after their children or family members with a disability will be exempt from paying a $1,000 application fee.

Feds Axe $1,000 Fee For Certain Families To Hire Foreign Nannies, Caregivers

Group Raises Money To Fund New Home For Survivor Of Quebec City Mosque Shooting

Group Raises Money To Fund New Home For Survivor Of Quebec City Mosque Shooting
Aymen Derbali, a father of three, was one of the more than 50 people inside the mosque when a shooter opened fire last Jan. 29, killing six.

Group Raises Money To Fund New Home For Survivor Of Quebec City Mosque Shooting