Tuesday, May 19, 2026
ADVT 
National

Police: Case Of 2 Men Missing In B.C. Since May 16 Considered Suspicious

The Canadian Press, 07 Jun, 2018 11:56 AM
    UCLUELET, B.C. — Police on Vancouver Island say the disappearance of two men who were last seen on May 16 is now considered suspicious and the case has been handed over to the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit.
     
     
    RCMP have said 37-year-old Daniel Archibald and 43-year-old Ryan Daley were last seen leaving the Ucluelet harbour by land on May 16 after docking a sailboat there three days earlier and were reported missing after they failed to contact family and friends.
     
     
    Ucluelet RCMP said late Wednesday that they have pursued a number of methods to find the men, including an aerial search, and are now asking for the public's help to locate them.
     
     
    Archibald and Daley were seen carrying large duffel bags at the time of their disappearance and Daley was also wearing a yellow and green backpack.
     
     
    Friends who launched a Facebook page said it's believed the two men were heading to a residence in Jordan River, B.C., and likely planned to hitchhike the nearly 300 kilometre route.
     
     
    Ucluelet dockmaster Kevin Cortes, who was the last person to see them on May 16, said they had paid for one month of moorage for a new boat they had purchased in Panama.
     
     
    Cortes said Archibald and Daley were healthy but tired after a long trip, adding there was nothing unusual about them during the three days they spent in Ucluelet.
     
     
    Both men are described as 5-foot-9. Archibald is of average build with strawberry blonde, short hair, and Daley has short, dark hair and hazel eyes.
     
     
    "We ask anyone who has any information as to Daniel and Ryan's whereabouts or anyone who may have seen them or talked to them between May 13 to 16 to call police immediately," said Cpl. Madonna Saunderson in a release.
     
     
    "We are continuing our investigation into Daniel and Ryan's disappearance and have no evidence to suggest that this case is linked to any other missing person investigation at this time."

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Efforts To Reopen Highway 1 Through B.C.'s Fraser Valley Still On Track

    Efforts To Reopen Highway 1 Through B.C.'s Fraser Valley Still On Track
    Clean-up efforts continue in British Columbia's eastern Fraser Valley as crews work to reopen Highway 1 after sludge and debris covered the route early Thursday.

    Efforts To Reopen Highway 1 Through B.C.'s Fraser Valley Still On Track

    Suspected B.C. Drunk Driver Adds To Woes After Second Incident As Police Look On

    Police in Vernon say the 37-year-old woman had been called to the detachment on Wednesday to provide fingerprints for an impaired charge stemming from an incident in May.

    Suspected B.C. Drunk Driver Adds To Woes After Second Incident As Police Look On

    False killer whale is latest cetacean to die at Vancouver Aquarium

    False killer whale is latest cetacean to die at Vancouver Aquarium
    The aquarium says in a statement that Chester's behaviour changed Wednesday and despite intensive veterinary care, he died this morning.

    False killer whale is latest cetacean to die at Vancouver Aquarium

    Man In Hospital After Targeted Shooting On Surrey-Delta Border

    Man In Hospital After Targeted Shooting On Surrey-Delta Border
    Officers were dispatched to the area of 96 Avenue and 116 Street at 8:40 a.m. after receiving reports that a man had been shot.

    Man In Hospital After Targeted Shooting On Surrey-Delta Border

    Case Of B.C. Man Accused Of Disguising His Face And Threatening A Woman Delayed

    Case Of B.C. Man Accused Of Disguising His Face And Threatening A Woman Delayed
    VERNON, B.C. — The case of a British Columbia man accused of threatening a woman with a gun in the province's Interior has been put over until mid-December.

    Case Of B.C. Man Accused Of Disguising His Face And Threatening A Woman Delayed

    Colorado Child Sex Trafficker Sentenced To 472 Years In Prison

    Colorado Child Sex Trafficker Sentenced To 472 Years In Prison
    Brock Franklin was found guilty on 30 counts including human trafficking, sexual exploitation of a child, child prostitution, and kidnapping by an Arapahoe County jury in March, FOX 31 Denver reported.

    Colorado Child Sex Trafficker Sentenced To 472 Years In Prison