Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Search continues for more bodies in B.C.

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 18 Nov, 2021 12:14 PM
  • Search continues for more bodies in B.C.

The Canadian Armed Forces has been called in to help with recovery efforts in flood-stricken B.C., with the provincial government declaring a state of emergency.

The military will provide both air and land support for critical provincial supply chains and in evacuation and rescue efforts.

Premier John Horgan says travel restrictions will be introduced to ensure essential goods and medical and emergency services can reach communities.

Defence Minister Anita Anand says more troops will be sent to help the hardest-hit communities.

Crews will continue to search through debris left by landslides along Highway 99 near Lillooet and Highway 7 near Agassiz to determine if any vehicles were caught underneath.

No bodies were recovered Wednesday, but at least two people are still reported missing.

B.C. Agriculture Minister Lana Popham says thousands of farm animals died when parts of the Fraser Valley flooded, and efforts are underway to develop routes to allow veterinarians to access farms and treat what livestock may have survived.

MORE National ARTICLES

Canada is extending its ban on direct flights to India until at least August 21

Canada is extending its ban on direct flights to India until at least August 21
Canada has extended the ban on incoming passenger flights from India for another month til August 21, 2021. The federal government is not renewing the travel ban for Pakistan. 

Canada is extending its ban on direct flights to India until at least August 21

Fully vaccinated U.S. citizens can enter Canada Aug. 9, rest of world Sept. 7

Fully vaccinated U.S. citizens can enter Canada Aug. 9, rest of world Sept. 7
Officials say the 14-day quarantine requirement will be waived beginning the second week of August for eligible travellers who are currently residing in the United States and have received a full course of a COVID-19 vaccine approved for use in Canada.

Fully vaccinated U.S. citizens can enter Canada Aug. 9, rest of world Sept. 7

Canada to receive 7.1 million COVID-19 vaccines

Canada to receive 7.1 million COVID-19 vaccines
The federal government is expecting to receive about 7.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines this week, as it adjusts its distribution strategy amid waning vaccination rates and substantial supply. The new deliveries will include about 3.1 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and four million doses of Moderna.

Canada to receive 7.1 million COVID-19 vaccines

Canada, allies blame China for cyberattack

Canada, allies blame China for cyberattack
Canada joined the United States and other allies on Monday in blaming China for a massive cyberattack that compromised tens of thousands of computers around the world earlier this year.

Canada, allies blame China for cyberattack

Church destroyed by fire in Surrey, B.C.

Church destroyed by fire in Surrey, B.C.
Surrey Fire Service assistant chief Shelley Morris says the St. George Coptic Orthodox Church was engulfed in flames by the time crews arrived at around 3:30 a.m.

Church destroyed by fire in Surrey, B.C.

Surrey Central Bus Loop closed near City Hall on 104th Ave due to police incident

Surrey Central Bus Loop closed near City Hall on 104th Ave due to police incident
Reports of a police incident near City Hall(104th at City Pkwy). Surrey Central Bus Loop is closed due to a police incident. Police situation blocking traffic in the region by the Surrey Central Bus Loop. Use caution and expect delays.

Surrey Central Bus Loop closed near City Hall on 104th Ave due to police incident