Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

Security guard assaulted by man with bat

Darpan News Desk New Westminster Police, 17 May, 2021 10:53 AM
  • Security guard assaulted by man with bat

In the early morning hours of May 11th the New Westminster Police Department responded to the area of Queens Avenue and 7th Street for a report of a uniformed security guard being assaulted with a bat.

Investigators believe two suspects fled the area by running west on Queens Avenue from 7th Street.

One suspect is described as a Caucasian male in his early twenties with a slim build, blue track pants, and black hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect is described as a Caucasian male in his mid-twenties with a beard, blue t-shirt, grey pants, and black boots.

“The security guard was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries,” stated Sergeant Sanjay Kumar. “We’re appealing for anyone who witnessed this assault or knows anything about the circumstances around this assault to contact us.”

MORE National ARTICLES

800 COVID cases for Thursday

800 COVID cases for Thursday
Of the active cases, 306 individuals are currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 79 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

800 COVID cases for Thursday

Child injured at hotel pool in Victoria: police

Child injured at hotel pool in Victoria: police
Victoria police say in a news release that officers were called to the hotel, which they didn't identify, at about 6 p.m. for a report of an injured child.

Child injured at hotel pool in Victoria: police

'No evidence' Meng's device info was shared: Crown

'No evidence' Meng's device info was shared: Crown
John Gibb-Carsley told the B.C. Supreme Court that the burden of proof is on Meng's legal team to show the numbers were shared, but they can't do it.

'No evidence' Meng's device info was shared: Crown

Questions over delayed vaccine doses for seniors

Questions over delayed vaccine doses for seniors
After supplies slowed to a trickle earlier this year, the National Advisory Committee on Immunization said provinces and territories can delay second doses by as long as four months.

Questions over delayed vaccine doses for seniors

B.C. raises fines for breaking COVID-19 rules

B.C. raises fines for breaking COVID-19 rules
Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth says it's become clear in the last few months that the risk of paying the ticket isn't enough of a deterrence.

B.C. raises fines for breaking COVID-19 rules

No choice but scramble on COVID-19: AG

No choice but scramble on COVID-19: AG
She also found the government's financial support programs rolled out well, but now extensive efforts will be needed to ensure the money went where it was supposed to.

No choice but scramble on COVID-19: AG