Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Security guard assaulted by man with bat

Darpan News Desk New Westminster Police, 17 May, 2021 10:53 AM
  • Security guard assaulted by man with bat

In the early morning hours of May 11th the New Westminster Police Department responded to the area of Queens Avenue and 7th Street for a report of a uniformed security guard being assaulted with a bat.

Investigators believe two suspects fled the area by running west on Queens Avenue from 7th Street.

One suspect is described as a Caucasian male in his early twenties with a slim build, blue track pants, and black hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect is described as a Caucasian male in his mid-twenties with a beard, blue t-shirt, grey pants, and black boots.

“The security guard was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries,” stated Sergeant Sanjay Kumar. “We’re appealing for anyone who witnessed this assault or knows anything about the circumstances around this assault to contact us.”

MORE National ARTICLES

Vaccinations stepped up but COVID still a threat

Vaccinations stepped up but COVID still a threat
The vast majority of Canadians are still susceptible to COVID-19, Dr. Theresa Tam, the country's chief public health officer, said in a statement on Wednesday.

Vaccinations stepped up but COVID still a threat

Jody Wilson-Raybould to publish political memoir

Jody Wilson-Raybould to publish political memoir
HarperCollins Canada says it has acquired the rights to the former Liberal justice minister's book, titled "'Indian' in the Cabinet: Speaking Truth to Power."

Jody Wilson-Raybould to publish political memoir

Bank of Canada holds key rate steady

Bank of Canada holds key rate steady
The bank's senior decision-makers say resilience in the economy has to do with consumers and businesses adapting to new rounds of lockdowns and restrictions.

Bank of Canada holds key rate steady

COVID lockdowns violate inmate rights, suit claims

COVID lockdowns violate inmate rights, suit claims
Other alleged breaches, according to the claim, relate to the suspension of visits and religious services, as well as to the provision of substandard health-care.

COVID lockdowns violate inmate rights, suit claims

Spending tied to COVID-19 set to drop sharply: PBO

Spending tied to COVID-19 set to drop sharply: PBO
The report is based on estimates tabled in Parliament last month and does not factor in the coming budget, which may not be introduced until April.

Spending tied to COVID-19 set to drop sharply: PBO

New approach to COVID-19 shots in Prince Rupert

New approach to COVID-19 shots in Prince Rupert
The first clinics for roughly 12,000 Prince Rupert-area residents begin Monday and continue until April 1.

New approach to COVID-19 shots in Prince Rupert