Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

South Surrey shooting, 1 injured

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 28 Nov, 2023 11:37 AM
  • South Surrey shooting, 1 injured

One person was injured in a shooting in South Surrey this morning. 

Surrey R-C-M-P say officers responded to multiple reports of shots fired in a residential neighbourhood, and at first they couldn't find the victim. 

Mounties say they later found the victim at a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. 

Police say a vehicle was found on fire a short time after the shooting, but they are not sure the two are related. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Anand, Champagne joining forces to lobby in D.C

Anand, Champagne joining forces to lobby in D.C
Defence Minister Anita Anand and Economic Development Minister François-Philippe Champagne are joining forces in the U.S. capital, selling the idea that Canada's nascent critical minerals industry makes it an ideal partner in fortifying a North American defence industrial base.

Anand, Champagne joining forces to lobby in D.C

Prairies to benefit most from immigration: report

Prairies to benefit most from immigration: report
Immigration minister Sean Fraser has argued that a boost to immigration is necessary to address labour shortages and Canada's aging population. The Desjardins analysis finds Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba would see the most GDP growth rate boost among provinces.

Prairies to benefit most from immigration: report

Turkish expats help with earthquake aid

Turkish expats help with earthquake aid
Both Turkey and Syria were rocked Monday by the massive quake, setting off international aid efforts that now include a $10-million commitment from the Canadian government and search and rescue teams being flown in from the United States.

Turkish expats help with earthquake aid

Charges laid in deadly tug sinking in B.C.

Charges laid in deadly tug sinking in B.C.
The charges relate to alleged violations of occupational health and safety regulations under the Workers Compensation Act, and court records show a first appearance is scheduled next month in a Prince Rupert courtroom.

Charges laid in deadly tug sinking in B.C.

Two children dead in bus attack on Quebec daycare

Two children dead in bus attack on Quebec daycare
The 51-year-old male driver has been arrested and faces charges of homicide and dangerous driving, Erika Landry, spokesperson with the police in Laval, Que., told reporters. The injuries suffered by the six children in hospital are not life-threatening. Authorities did not release the ages of the dead and injured children.

Two children dead in bus attack on Quebec daycare

B.C. minister says her cancer has returned

B.C. minister says her cancer has returned
Selina Robinson told the B.C. legislature that she got the news on Jan. 27. Robinson has previously shared her 2006 diagnosis about a "rare form of intestinal cancer" in a post on social media.    

B.C. minister says her cancer has returned