Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

Stabbing assault in Surrey

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 18 Nov, 2024 11:34 AM
  • Stabbing assault in Surrey

Mounties in Surrey say they are looking for the public’s help to identify a suspect who reportedly stabbed two youths last week. 

Police say they responded to reports of the stabbing in the afternoon of November 14th in the city’s Newton neighbourhood, finding two injured youths. 

Mounties say both youths had non-life-threatening injuries and were taken to hospital for assessment. 

The male suspect is described as being five feet five inches tall, with black hair and in his mid to late teens.

MORE National ARTICLES

B.C. auditor general says accounting fix should improve tax revenue estimates

B.C. auditor general says accounting fix should improve tax revenue estimates
British Columbia auditor general Michael Pickup says the provincial government is using more up-to-date information to forecast income tax revenue, something he expects to improve financial estimates that have routinely been off by more than $1 billion every year.

B.C. auditor general says accounting fix should improve tax revenue estimates

Surrey fire deemed suspicious

Surrey fire deemed suspicious
Mounties say they responded to a call around 7 p-m on Sunday to the complex in the 13300 block of 103 avenue, and firefighters were already on scene evacuating the building.  Police say anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity should contact the Surrey RCMP.

Surrey fire deemed suspicious

Ex-Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi joins NDP leadership race to combat "immoral" UCP

Ex-Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi joins NDP leadership race to combat
Former Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi came out of political retirement on Monday, announcing a run for Alberta's NDP leadership to challenge what he termed an “immoral” United Conservative government. Nenshi, 52, was elected mayor of Calgary in 2010 and won three terms before deciding to bow out before the 2021 municipal election.

Ex-Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi joins NDP leadership race to combat "immoral" UCP

Stung by criticism, Ottawa to give $1M to support victims of sexual violence by Hamas

Stung by criticism, Ottawa to give $1M to support victims of sexual violence by Hamas
Ottawa has not said which groups will receive the $1 million, nor when. Canada is also offering RCMP support for investigations, though it's unclear whether Israeli officials have made any specific request. Joly announced the measures on the platform X, formerly known as Twitter, on Monday, saying the funding is for "organizations who are supporting survivors of sexual violence committed by Hamas."

Stung by criticism, Ottawa to give $1M to support victims of sexual violence by Hamas

Surrey hospital to get critical care tower with acute, specialized services

Surrey hospital to get critical care tower with acute, specialized services
Premier David Eby says the B.C. government has plans underway to build a new critical care tower at Surrey Memorial Hospital, adding capacity for surgical, pediatric, perinatal, women's health, mental health and stroke care. Eby says Surrey's health-care services need to grow along with its population.  

Surrey hospital to get critical care tower with acute, specialized services

Most teens report feeling happy or peaceful when they go without smartphones, Pew survey finds

Most teens report feeling happy or peaceful when they go without smartphones, Pew survey finds
Nearly three-quarters of U.S. teens say they feel happy or peaceful when they don't have their phones with them, according to a new report from the Pew Research Center. In a survey published Monday, Pew also found that despite the positive associations with going phone-free, most teens have not limited their phone or social media use.   

Most teens report feeling happy or peaceful when they go without smartphones, Pew survey finds