Sunday, May 17, 2026
ADVT 
National

Suspects Identified, Charges Pending After Teens Pepper Sprayed At Port Coquitlam High School

Darpan News Desk, 24 Oct, 2019 06:45 PM

    Several suspects have been identified and charges are likely after a confrontation involving OC spray (pepper spray) at a Port Coquitlam school yesterday.


    The incident happened at 12:45 p.m. on October 22, 2019, in the parking lot of Terry Fox Secondary (1260 Riverwood Gate, Port Coquitlam) and involved numerous young males. During the confrontation, OC spray was deployed towards two males who were inside a car.


    Front line Coquitlam RCMP officers were on scene in moments and stayed at the school throughout the day to make sure that students and staff felt safe, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with Coquitlam RCMP. Police are satisfied that we have identified all potential suspects who were at the scene. We are examining all the evidence to determine the exact charges that should be laid.


    While the confrontation was occurring in the parking lot, staff at Terry Fox Secondary made the decision to put the school on hold and secure. The hold and secure was lifted about one hour after police arrived and determined that there was minimal ongoing risk. Apart from the OC spray, no injuries were reported during the incident.


    Coquitlam RCMP would like to remind you to call 911 immediately if you see anyone acting suspiciously at or near a school. If you have information about this or any other crimes, call the Coquitlam RCMP non-emergency number at 604-945-1550.

     

    MORE National ARTICLES

    7 Hurt, About 100 Homes Evacuated After Blast, Fire In London, Ont.

    7 Hurt, About 100 Homes Evacuated After Blast, Fire In London, Ont.
    Seven people were injured and about 100 homes had to be evacuated after a house explosion in a southwestern Ontario city caused a massive fire late Wednesday night.    

    7 Hurt, About 100 Homes Evacuated After Blast, Fire In London, Ont.

    High Profile Could Help Jody Wilson-Raybould Keep Her Seat Away From Liberals

     There had been a few names floating around when the Liberals were seeking a candidate for the newly created riding of Vancouver Granville in the last federal election, but it soon became clear the party brass had only one person in mind.

    High Profile Could Help Jody Wilson-Raybould Keep Her Seat Away From Liberals

    Quebec Introduces New Safety Measures At Site Of Deadly Highway Crash

    Quebec Introduces New Safety Measures At Site Of Deadly Highway Crash
    MONTREAL - Quebec Transport Minister Francois Bonnardel has announced four measures to improve safety and traffic flow at the site of a deadly pileup that left four people dead this month north of Montreal.    

    Quebec Introduces New Safety Measures At Site Of Deadly Highway Crash

    'Sweet Little Boy:' Judge Finds Calgary Man Guilty In Grandson's Death

    CALGARY - A judge has found a man guilty of inflicting a fatal brain injury on his young grandson five months after the boy was sent to Canada from Mexico so he could have a better life.

    'Sweet Little Boy:' Judge Finds Calgary Man Guilty In Grandson's Death

    Trudeau Should Apologize For Violation Of Ethics Code: Philpott

    OTTAWA - The people of Canada still "deserve an apology" from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the SNC-Lavalin affair, says former Liberal cabinet minister turned Independent MP Jane Philpott.    

    Trudeau Should Apologize For Violation Of Ethics Code: Philpott

    Trudeau Announces $11.4 Million In Flood Protection Funding For Fredericton

    Trudeau Announces $11.4 Million In Flood Protection Funding For Fredericton
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Thursday $11.4 million in new funding to help protect Fredericton and surrounding communities from future flooding.    

    Trudeau Announces $11.4 Million In Flood Protection Funding For Fredericton