Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Suspects Identified, Charges Pending After Teens Pepper Sprayed At Port Coquitlam High School

Darpan News Desk, 24 Oct, 2019 06:45 PM

    Several suspects have been identified and charges are likely after a confrontation involving OC spray (pepper spray) at a Port Coquitlam school yesterday.


    The incident happened at 12:45 p.m. on October 22, 2019, in the parking lot of Terry Fox Secondary (1260 Riverwood Gate, Port Coquitlam) and involved numerous young males. During the confrontation, OC spray was deployed towards two males who were inside a car.


    Front line Coquitlam RCMP officers were on scene in moments and stayed at the school throughout the day to make sure that students and staff felt safe, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with Coquitlam RCMP. Police are satisfied that we have identified all potential suspects who were at the scene. We are examining all the evidence to determine the exact charges that should be laid.


    While the confrontation was occurring in the parking lot, staff at Terry Fox Secondary made the decision to put the school on hold and secure. The hold and secure was lifted about one hour after police arrived and determined that there was minimal ongoing risk. Apart from the OC spray, no injuries were reported during the incident.


    Coquitlam RCMP would like to remind you to call 911 immediately if you see anyone acting suspiciously at or near a school. If you have information about this or any other crimes, call the Coquitlam RCMP non-emergency number at 604-945-1550.

     

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Independent Investigation Begins Into Langley RCMP Response To Langley Teen Carson Crimeni's Death

    The office that looks into all cases of police-involved deaths or serious injuries in British Columbia says it is examining what role two Langley RCMP officers may have played in the death of a 14-year-old boy

    Independent Investigation Begins Into Langley RCMP Response To Langley Teen Carson Crimeni's Death

    B.C. Father Takes Stand At Trial, Denies Killing Daughters And Attempting Suicide

    A Vancouver Island man testified Wednesday that he didn't kill his two daughters and denied he tried to take his own life on the day they died.

    B.C. Father Takes Stand At Trial, Denies Killing Daughters And Attempting Suicide

    Border Official Questioned Meng On Alleged Business In Iran: Court Documents

    VANCOUVER - Court documents released ahead of a Huawei executive's extradition trial suggest a Canadian border official questioned Meng Wanzhou about her business before RCMP arrested her.

    Border Official Questioned Meng On Alleged Business In Iran: Court Documents

    RCMP Originally Planned To Arrest Meng Wanzhou On Plane, Defence Lawyers Say

    RCMP Originally Planned To Arrest Meng Wanzhou On Plane, Defence Lawyers Say
    In court documents released Tuesday, the defence alleges a "co-ordinated strategy" to have the RCMP delay the arrest, so that border officials could question Meng under the pretence of a "routine immigration check."    

    RCMP Originally Planned To Arrest Meng Wanzhou On Plane, Defence Lawyers Say

    Ontario Government Releases Updated Sexual-Education Curriculum

    Ontario Government Releases Updated Sexual-Education Curriculum
    The Ontario government has released the new sexual-education curriculum, replacing a much-criticized teaching plan brought in after the Progressive Conservatives took power last year.

    Ontario Government Releases Updated Sexual-Education Curriculum

    Cases Against Two St. Mike's Students Accused In Alleged Sex Assaults Concluded

    Cases Against Two St. Mike's Students Accused In Alleged Sex Assaults Concluded
    TORONTO - The cases against two students accused in alleged sex assaults at a private Toronto school have concluded.    

    Cases Against Two St. Mike's Students Accused In Alleged Sex Assaults Concluded