Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
National

Taylor Swift fans warned of fake ticket scams ahead of Vancouver concerts

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 02 Dec, 2024 11:48 AM
  • Taylor Swift fans warned of fake ticket scams ahead of Vancouver concerts

The Better Business Bureau in British Columbia is warning Taylor Swift fans of scams ahead of the superstar's Vancouver concerts, highlighting one case in which a social media profile was allegedly hacked and used to sell fake tickets.

It says $2,000 was stolen from fans hoping to attend the shows, which will be at BC Place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The warning comes after police in Toronto last month arrested a woman for allegedly selling about $70,000 worth of fake Swift tickets ahead of the concerts there.

The Better Business Bureau says in a release that the case in B.C. was reported on its Scam Tracker database.

It says the complainant, who isn't identified, reported that scammers took over her social media profile and used its messaging function to trick people into buying "non-existent concert tickets."

The bureau says people need to be vigilant when buying tickets online, especially for major events such as Swift's concerts that can be "a hot spot" for scammers.

Fans are advised to buy tickets from trusted vendors or reputable brokers while also double-checking with sellers about the tickets' authenticity even if they are a friend or an acquaintance.

Using credit cards for the purchase may also grant consumers some protection, the bureau says.

"If someone claims to be selling tickets to a sold-out concert just before the date or at an amazing price, think twice," the statement says. "Scammers love to prey on fans of any artist or sporting event by claiming to have impossible-to-get-tickets for them."

Swift's three sold-out Vancouver shows end her Eras Tour.

MORE National ARTICLES

Man slashed across the face: VPD

Man slashed across the face: VPD
Vancouver police say a man needed to be hospitalized after being slashed across the face.  Police say it happened late Saturday night in the Granville Entertainment District.

Man slashed across the face: VPD

Fatal vehicle fire in Coquitlam

Fatal vehicle fire in Coquitlam
Mounties in Coquitlam say they’re investigating a fatal vehicle fire in the parking lot of the City Centre Aquatic Complex. Police were called yesterday to the report of the fire and say they found a body inside the vehicle. 

Fatal vehicle fire in Coquitlam

Two dead after truck carrying seven teens crashes in eastern Alberta

Two dead after truck carrying seven teens crashes in eastern Alberta
A 19-year-old and a 17-year-old are dead after police say a truck carrying seven teens crashed in eastern Alberta. RCMP say officers responded to the single-vehicle crash early Sunday on a township road near Consort, approximately 260 km northeast of Calgary.

Two dead after truck carrying seven teens crashes in eastern Alberta

Eby pledges involuntary care for severe addictions in B.C., ahead of October election

Eby pledges involuntary care for severe addictions in B.C., ahead of October election
British Columbia will be opening secure facilities to provide involuntary care under the Mental Health Act for those with severe addictions who are mentally ill and have sustained a brain injury, the premier announced Sunday just days ahead of the start of a provincial election campaign. David Eby pledged a re-elected NDP would change the law in the next legislative session to "provide clarity and ensure that people, including youth, can and should receive care when they are unable to seek it themselves."

Eby pledges involuntary care for severe addictions in B.C., ahead of October election

B.C. commits to earlier, enhanced pensions for wildland firefighters

B.C. commits to earlier, enhanced pensions for wildland firefighters
Eby says in a statement the province and the BC General Employees' Union have reached an agreement-in-principle to "enhance" pensions for firefighting personnel employed directly by the BC Wildfire Service.

B.C. commits to earlier, enhanced pensions for wildland firefighters

Over 60 break and enter charges for Surrey man

Over 60 break and enter charges for Surrey man
R-C-M-P in Surrey say a man has been charged in more than 60 break-and-enters across the Lower Mainland and the B-C Interior. They say officers began investigating a series of residential break-ins where the suspect would steal garage door openers to later access the property.

Over 60 break and enter charges for Surrey man