Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
National

Taylor Swift fans warned of fake ticket scams ahead of Vancouver concerts

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 02 Dec, 2024 11:48 AM
  • Taylor Swift fans warned of fake ticket scams ahead of Vancouver concerts

The Better Business Bureau in British Columbia is warning Taylor Swift fans of scams ahead of the superstar's Vancouver concerts, highlighting one case in which a social media profile was allegedly hacked and used to sell fake tickets.

It says $2,000 was stolen from fans hoping to attend the shows, which will be at BC Place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The warning comes after police in Toronto last month arrested a woman for allegedly selling about $70,000 worth of fake Swift tickets ahead of the concerts there.

The Better Business Bureau says in a release that the case in B.C. was reported on its Scam Tracker database.

It says the complainant, who isn't identified, reported that scammers took over her social media profile and used its messaging function to trick people into buying "non-existent concert tickets."

The bureau says people need to be vigilant when buying tickets online, especially for major events such as Swift's concerts that can be "a hot spot" for scammers.

Fans are advised to buy tickets from trusted vendors or reputable brokers while also double-checking with sellers about the tickets' authenticity even if they are a friend or an acquaintance.

Using credit cards for the purchase may also grant consumers some protection, the bureau says.

"If someone claims to be selling tickets to a sold-out concert just before the date or at an amazing price, think twice," the statement says. "Scammers love to prey on fans of any artist or sporting event by claiming to have impossible-to-get-tickets for them."

Swift's three sold-out Vancouver shows end her Eras Tour.

MORE National ARTICLES

BC Greens to roll out election platform

BC Greens to roll out election platform
The B.C. Green Party is expected to be the first to roll out its complete election platform later today. Leader Sonia Furstenau is scheduled to hold a news conference in Victoria this morning.

BC Greens to roll out election platform

B.C. NDP pledges to help middle-income homebuyers with 40% of financing

B.C. NDP pledges to help middle-income homebuyers with 40% of financing
British Columbia's New Democrats have unveiled a plan that Leader David Eby says will help middle-income families purchase a home by financing 40 per cent of the price. The plan commits up to $1.29 billion per year in financing to help middle-income people buy their first home, while supporting the development of up to 25,000 new units over five years.

B.C. NDP pledges to help middle-income homebuyers with 40% of financing

Drug bust in Nanaimo

Drug bust in Nanaimo
Police in Nanaimo say a call from a member of the public has led to charges against a man and a woman accused of drug trafficking. R-C-M-P say they got the call on September 11th, leading to the arrests and seizure of a more than 500 grams of suspected methamphetamine, cocaine and fentanyl, as well as 430 prescription opioid pills and a loaded gun.

Drug bust in Nanaimo

Vancouver mayor promises more police to quell 'street disorder' in Gastown

Vancouver mayor promises more police to quell 'street disorder' in Gastown
Vancouver Mayor Ken Sim says the city is taking immediate steps to improve public safety in the Gastown neighbourhood. Sim says they’ll work with the Vancouver Police Department to establish a community policing centre in Gastown as residents and businesses there say they want increased visibility of officers.

Vancouver mayor promises more police to quell 'street disorder' in Gastown

Bitcoin extortion scam in Langley

Bitcoin extortion scam in Langley
Mounties in Langley are warning the public about an extortion scam, saying they have received 12 similar reports so far this month. R-C-M-P say the suspects claim to possess compromising images of victims and threaten to release them unless the victim sends money to a Bitcoin wallet.

Bitcoin extortion scam in Langley

Surrey man facing child pornography charges

Surrey man facing child pornography charges
A Surrey man is facing further child pornography charges after his initial arrest in June. R-C-M-P say the 41-year-old man has been in custody since then, and he's now been charged with additional offences including luring a child.

Surrey man facing child pornography charges