Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
National

Taylor Swift fans warned of fake ticket scams ahead of Vancouver concerts

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 02 Dec, 2024 11:48 AM
  • Taylor Swift fans warned of fake ticket scams ahead of Vancouver concerts

The Better Business Bureau in British Columbia is warning Taylor Swift fans of scams ahead of the superstar's Vancouver concerts, highlighting one case in which a social media profile was allegedly hacked and used to sell fake tickets.

It says $2,000 was stolen from fans hoping to attend the shows, which will be at BC Place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The warning comes after police in Toronto last month arrested a woman for allegedly selling about $70,000 worth of fake Swift tickets ahead of the concerts there.

The Better Business Bureau says in a release that the case in B.C. was reported on its Scam Tracker database.

It says the complainant, who isn't identified, reported that scammers took over her social media profile and used its messaging function to trick people into buying "non-existent concert tickets."

The bureau says people need to be vigilant when buying tickets online, especially for major events such as Swift's concerts that can be "a hot spot" for scammers.

Fans are advised to buy tickets from trusted vendors or reputable brokers while also double-checking with sellers about the tickets' authenticity even if they are a friend or an acquaintance.

Using credit cards for the purchase may also grant consumers some protection, the bureau says.

"If someone claims to be selling tickets to a sold-out concert just before the date or at an amazing price, think twice," the statement says. "Scammers love to prey on fans of any artist or sporting event by claiming to have impossible-to-get-tickets for them."

Swift's three sold-out Vancouver shows end her Eras Tour.

MORE National ARTICLES

B.C. NDP Leader David Eby launches election campaign a day early in key battleground

B.C. NDP Leader David Eby launches election campaign a day early in key battleground
New Democrat Leader David Eby has launched his British Columbia election campaign a day early, making the key battle ground of Surrey his first stop. The fixed election date of Oct. 19 means the campaign doesn't officially start until Saturday. 

B.C. NDP Leader David Eby launches election campaign a day early in key battleground

RCMP ask for help in finding 7-year-old girl missing near Burns Lake

RCMP ask for help in finding 7-year-old girl missing near Burns Lake
Police are asking the public for help in finding a seven-year-old girl missing from her home about 250 kilometres west of Prince George. RCMP say Oaklynn Schwedder was last seen outside her home in the small community of Southbank, near Burns Lake, at 6 p.m. on Thursday.

RCMP ask for help in finding 7-year-old girl missing near Burns Lake

RCMP say arson destroyed Red Bridge across Thompson River in Kamloops

RCMP say arson destroyed Red Bridge across Thompson River in Kamloops
Police in Kamloops ay they have launched an arson investigation into the fire that destroyed the 88-year-old Red Bridge across the South Thompson River. RCMP say in a statement that the blaze started early Thursday morning and by the time fire crews and police arrived, the bridge was fully engulfed in flames. 

RCMP say arson destroyed Red Bridge across Thompson River in Kamloops

Calgary's mayor asks province to salvage parts of halted Green Line transit project

Calgary's mayor asks province to salvage parts of halted Green Line transit project
Calgary Mayor Jyoti Gondek is urging the Alberta government to preserve pieces of the massive Green Line transit project now being dissolved. City council voted this week to wind down the $6.2-billion project after Premier Danielle Smith's government said it would pull its $1.53 billion in funding — unless the city altered and extended the line's route.

Calgary's mayor asks province to salvage parts of halted Green Line transit project

Victims, including three Canadians, claim former Harrods boss Al Fayed was a 'monster' who abused young women, lawyers say

Victims, including three Canadians, claim former Harrods boss Al Fayed was a 'monster' who abused young women, lawyers say
Lawyers in Britain representing dozens of alleged victims — including three Canadians — of Mohamed Al Fayed, the former boss of Harrods, said Friday their clients assert that he was a “monster” who raped and sexually abused young women. Lawyer Bruce Drummond said three of Al Fayed's alleged victims were from Canada, including one who was "seriously, seriously assaulted when she was 16."

Victims, including three Canadians, claim former Harrods boss Al Fayed was a 'monster' who abused young women, lawyers say

Some key issues to watch for in B.C.'s provincial election campaign

Some key issues to watch for in B.C.'s provincial election campaign
The British Columbia provincial election campaign is expected to officially kick off Saturday, but party leaders have been vying for votes for months in the lead up to the Oct. 19 fixed election day. Here's a look at some of the issues that are expected to be front and centre over the next month and what the political parties have said about them so far.

Some key issues to watch for in B.C.'s provincial election campaign