The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in a sexual assault investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between Saturday, June 1, 2019 to Tuesday, December 31, 2019, a man was employed as a caretaker by the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB), specifically at St. Maurice Catholic School located at 45 Kingsview Boulevard.
- between those dates, the man asked a girl - who was a student at the time - to engage in sexual activity with him
On Thursday, August 26, 2021, members of Sex Crimes from the Child & Youth Advocacy Centre arrested a man.
Ugester Prashad, 52, of Brampton, has been charged with:
1. two counts of Invitation to Sexual Touching
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Friday, October 22, 2021 at 2 p.m.
Ugester Prashad has been employed as a caretaker with the Toronto Catholic District School Board since 2002 and has worked at the following schools:
- St. Roch Catholic School -174 Duncanwoods Drive
- Dante Alighieri Academy- 60 Playfair Avenue
- Regina Mundi Catholic School - 70 Playfair Avenue
- St. Maurice Catholic School - 45 Kingsview Boulevard
This is an ongoing investigation.