Darpan News Desk North Vancouver RCMP, 15 Feb, 2022 11:48 AM
North Vancouver RCMP are warning the public of a suspicious male who sexually assaulted a woman by groping her yesterday, on the Varley Trail in Lynn Canyon Park.
The woman was exiting the Varley Loop Trail and crossing the foot bridge to Rice Lake Road at approximately 1:30 p.m. on February 13th when the suspect grabbed her buttocks from behind.
The suspect is described as:
Black or South Asian male
Medium complexion
25-30 years old
6 ft (183 cm)
170 lbs (77 kg)
Thin build
Light growth mustache and chin hair
He was wearing:
Large, round, silver framed reading glasses
Black Northface hoodie with "Never stop exploring" written on the front
Black athletic pants
Grey high-top sneakers
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact Constable Dosanjh of the North Vancouver RCMP at 604-985-1311.
There are 2,936 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 213,394 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 301 individuals are in hospital and 98 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
A 45-year-old man was shot during the early morning hours of Nov 29th in Surrey. Surrey RCMP were called to the 9600 block of 135 Street and found the man suffering from life threatening injuries.
Ottawa announced on Tuesday that all air travellers entering Canada, except for those coming from the U.S., would need to be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival at the airport and isolate until they get their results, even if they are fully vaccinated against the virus.
For the first time, the COVID-19 virus has been detected in Canadian wildlife. Environment Canada says the virus was detected late last month in three wild white-tailed deer in Quebec.
British Columbia's website says eligibility will expand to those 18 and older as of January and Ontario hinted earlier this week that larger segments of the population could soon be included in its booster rollout.
It's too early to say whether Canada's latest requirement to test arriving air travellers for COVID-19 will be extended to include those coming from the United States, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra said Wednesday. The federal government is in discussions with the provinces on that issue but is ready to act to implement such a requirement for incoming U.S. air travellers if necessary, he said.