Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
Sports

Former world junior hockey players plead not guilty at sex assault trial

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 22 Apr, 2025 11:12 AM
  • Former world junior hockey players plead not guilty at sex assault trial

Five former members of Canada’s world junior hockey team have pleaded not guilty as jury selection begins in their sexual assault trial.

Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Cal Foote and Alex Formenton were charged with sexual assault early last year in an incident that allegedly took place in London, Ont., in June 2018.

McLeod is facing an additional charge of being a party to the offence of sexual assault.

The players, all dressed in dark suits, entered their pleas one by one in a packed London courtroom this morning.

The charges relate to an incident that allegedly occurred as many of the team’s members were in London for a HockeyCanada gala celebrating their gold-medal win at that year’s world junior tournament.

The complainant cannot be identified under a standard publication ban.

MORE Sports ARTICLES

Harmanpreet Kaur Becomes First Indian Women's Cricketer To Play For Foreign Twenty20 Franchise

Harmanpreet Kaur Becomes First Indian Women's Cricketer To Play For Foreign Twenty20 Franchise
This is the first official signing since the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) cleared the women cricketers to participate in overseas leagues earlier this month.

Harmanpreet Kaur Becomes First Indian Women's Cricketer To Play For Foreign Twenty20 Franchise

Canada Beats Sweden 54-44 At Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament

Canada Beats Sweden 54-44 At Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament
The two countries were tied 26-26 at halftime before Canada turned it on in the second half at the seven-nation event being held at the Richmond Olympic Oval. 

Canada Beats Sweden 54-44 At Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament

Mary Kom Won't Quit Boxing Despite Rio Olympic Games Snub

Mary Kom could not make the cut for Rio Olympics via the two qualifiers and last-ditch attempts by the IOA and the ad-hoc committee administering boxing in India to fetch her a wildcard entry also fell through after the IOC declined the request

Mary Kom Won't Quit Boxing Despite Rio Olympic Games Snub

Vijender Singh Out Of Olympic Contention, Wishes Vikas Krishan Good Luck

Vijender Singh Out Of Olympic Contention, Wishes Vikas Krishan Good Luck
Vikas Krishan entered the semifinals of the AIBA World Qualifying Tournament in Baku, Azerbaijan, to book a Rio berth after out-punching Korea's Lee Dongyun in the quarterfinals 3-0

Vijender Singh Out Of Olympic Contention, Wishes Vikas Krishan Good Luck

Sidney Crosby Pleased, Embarrassed At Prospect Of Hometown Street Named For Him

Sidney Crosby Pleased, Embarrassed At Prospect Of Hometown Street Named For Him
Sidney Crosby appeared pleased and possibly slightly embarrassed that a street in his Nova Scotia hometown might be renamed in his honour.

Sidney Crosby Pleased, Embarrassed At Prospect Of Hometown Street Named For Him

AFL says RCMP should investigate threats against women politicians

In an official statement, the AFL says extremists in the province are directing hate speech at female politicians.

AFL says RCMP should investigate threats against women politicians