Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
Sports

Former world junior hockey players plead not guilty at sex assault trial

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 22 Apr, 2025 11:12 AM
  • Former world junior hockey players plead not guilty at sex assault trial

Five former members of Canada’s world junior hockey team have pleaded not guilty as jury selection begins in their sexual assault trial.

Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Cal Foote and Alex Formenton were charged with sexual assault early last year in an incident that allegedly took place in London, Ont., in June 2018.

McLeod is facing an additional charge of being a party to the offence of sexual assault.

The players, all dressed in dark suits, entered their pleas one by one in a packed London courtroom this morning.

The charges relate to an incident that allegedly occurred as many of the team’s members were in London for a HockeyCanada gala celebrating their gold-medal win at that year’s world junior tournament.

The complainant cannot be identified under a standard publication ban.

MORE Sports ARTICLES

'If Kohli Is Boss, Why Have A Coach At All'

'If Kohli Is Boss, Why Have A Coach At All'
Former India spinner Erapalli Prasanna took a dig at Virat Kohli and said if the current skipper feels he is the “boss” of the Indian cricket team then the team can do without a coach. 

'If Kohli Is Boss, Why Have A Coach At All'

Australian Open Super Series: Kidambi Srikanth In Semis; Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu Bow Out

Australian Open Super Series: Kidambi Srikanth In Semis; Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu Bow Out
Newly-crowned Indonesia Open winner Kidambi Srikanth continued his rampaging run to advance to the men's singles semifinals

Australian Open Super Series: Kidambi Srikanth In Semis; Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu Bow Out

Virat Kohli Responds To Kumble: Sanctity Of Dressing Room Should Be Maintained

Opening up for the first time, Virat Kohli on Thursday said that he will never reveal dressing-room details, in an apparent reference to the now retired coach Anil Kumble’s statement that their partnership had become “untenable”.

Virat Kohli Responds To Kumble: Sanctity Of Dressing Room Should Be Maintained

Indian Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth Beats World No. 1 Ho To Storm Into Quarters

Indian Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth Beats World No. 1 Ho To Storm Into Quarters
After losing the first game, the 24-year-old Indian rebounded strongly to clinch a 15-21, 21-13, 21-13 win over Wan Ho in a gruelling second-round clash that lasted almost an hour.

Indian Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth Beats World No. 1 Ho To Storm Into Quarters

Boris Becker, Former Wimbledon Champion, Declared Bankrupt By British Court

Boris Becker, Former Wimbledon Champion, Declared Bankrupt By British Court
Boris Becker, former Wimbledon champion, was declared bankrupt at a High Court hearing on Wednesday. Lawyers for the 49-year-old pleaded with a Bankruptcy Court registrar in London for a ‘last chance’ to pay a long-standing debt but his plea got rejected.

Boris Becker, Former Wimbledon Champion, Declared Bankrupt By British Court

'Anil Kumble - Virat Kohli Communication Had Stopped Six Months Ago'

'Anil Kumble - Virat Kohli  Communication Had Stopped Six Months Ago'
Anil Kumble’s departure as head coach despite a successful year at the helm will be regarded as a triumph for player power in Indian cricket, according to several former captains.

'Anil Kumble - Virat Kohli Communication Had Stopped Six Months Ago'