Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
Sports

Pakistan Opener Imam Ul Haq Apologises For Online Scandal Involving Multiple Women

Darpan News Desk IANS, 30 Jul, 2019 08:15 PM

    Controversial Pakistan opener Imam-ul-Haq, nephew of legendary Inzamam ul Haq, has tendered an unconditional apology for being involved in an online scandal with multiple women and the cricket board has let him off with a reprimand.


    The Pakistan opener, whose place in the side has always been under scanner for allegedly being a product of nepotism, found himself in trouble when a few women posted screen shots of his objectionable whatsapp conversations with them and accused him of misleading them.


    “Imam was remorseful and has apologised for what all has happened. But we have told him in clear terms although this is his personal and private matter but we expect our players to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and discipline,” PCB MD Wasim Khan said on Monday.


    Wasim said the board had viewed the matter seriously and spoken to Imam about it.


    “We don’t like to comment on personal affairs of a player but we expect that our centrally contracted players will also show more responsibility being ambassadors of Pakistan cricket and Pakistan. Hopefully we will not see such incidents again.”

     

    MORE Sports ARTICLES

    Jwala And I Have Good Chance To Win Medal At Rio: Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa

    Jwala And I Have Good Chance To Win Medal At Rio: Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa
    Top Indian shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa is confident that she and her women's doubles partner Jwala Gutta have a strong chance to clinch a medal at the forthcoming Olympics at Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

    Jwala And I Have Good Chance To Win Medal At Rio: Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa

    'It's time to let him loose': B.C. Lions ready to unleash Bo Lokombo in 2016

    Mark Washington looked over at Bo Lokombo after one of the B.C. Lions' mini-camp sessions last week and marvelled.

    'It's time to let him loose': B.C. Lions ready to unleash Bo Lokombo in 2016

    B.C. Lions Sign Quarterback Jonathon Jennings To Contract Extension Through 2018

    B.C. Lions Sign Quarterback Jonathon Jennings To Contract Extension Through 2018
    SURREY, B.C. — The B.C. Lions have locked up quarterback Jonathon Jennings through the 2018 season.

    B.C. Lions Sign Quarterback Jonathon Jennings To Contract Extension Through 2018

    Canucks' Brock Boeser Taking Student With Down Syndrome To Prom

    Canucks' Brock Boeser Taking Student With Down Syndrome To Prom
    Boeser, who is Bjorge's favourite player, was drafted in the first round of last year's NHL draft by the Canucks.

    Canucks' Brock Boeser Taking Student With Down Syndrome To Prom

    Chandigarh Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Becomes First Indian To Captain European Top Division Team

    Chandigarh Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Becomes First Indian To Captain European Top Division Team
    This is the first time any Indian has captained a European football team and this makes it much bigger than my own happiness. I will try to give my best and lead my team in the right direction with positive intent

    Chandigarh Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Becomes First Indian To Captain European Top Division Team

    'lLke A Revolving Door': B.C. Lions' Third-string Qb Mcghee Knows Pressure Is On

    'lLke A Revolving Door': B.C. Lions' Third-string Qb Mcghee Knows Pressure Is On
    The 23-year-old finished last season as the No. 3 quarterback for the B.C. Lions, an accomplishment to be sure in his first CFL campaign, but also a position that by no means guarantees him a job in 2016.

    'lLke A Revolving Door': B.C. Lions' Third-string Qb Mcghee Knows Pressure Is On