Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Chris Hemsworth Will Be Back In India Next Week For Shoot

Darpan News Desk IANS, 11 Oct, 2019 09:03 PM

    "Thor" star Chris Hemsworth will be back in India to shoot the some portions of Netflix movie "Dhaka".

     

    Hemsworth will reach Mumbai on October 20 for a week-long patchwork shoot.


    "The unit has planned a week-long schedule across Mumbai and Ahmedabad. The film's cast, comprising Indian and Hollywood actors, has been called upon to allot their dates. With Hemsworth expected in the city by October 20, the ensemble cast has been asked to dedicate the last two weeks of October to the project," the tabloid "Mid-day" quotes a source as saying.


    "The team will shoot at the places they had covered the first time around, including Dharavi and Byculla in the city, and a few pockets of Ahmedabad. They may also have a brief two-day stint in Indonesia. If all goes as planned, it will be a wrap before October 30," the source added.


    Hemsworth was in India last year to shoot for his Netflix project "Dhaka". He shot in Ahmedabad and Mumbai.


    In an interview to IANS earlier this year, Hemsworth opened up about shooting in India, saying he felt like a rockstar while doing so.


    "I love the place and the people. Shooting there... There were thousands of people on the streets every day and I have never experienced that on set. It was sort of intimidating as it was exciting because there were so many people," he said.


    "After every take (when the director) called 'cut', there was loud cheer. We felt like rock stars in a stadium. But the warmth and support we got while shooting there, no matter how disruptive we were to their daily lives, it was so good. People were so positive. I have huge appreciation to that," added Hemsworth, whose daughter is named India.


    Directed by Sam Hargrave, "Dhaka" is a kidnap extraction drama is produced by the Russo Brothers. It also stars Randeep Hooda, Manoj Bajpayee and Pankaj Tripathi.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Amitabh Bachchan Begins Shooting For His Next Film Gulabo Sitabo

    Amitabh Bachchan Begins Shooting For His Next Film Gulabo Sitabo
    Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Tuesday started filming for his next Gulabo Sitabo here. The 76-year-old actor, who recently finished shooting for Chehre, took to Twitter to share the news.    

    Amitabh Bachchan Begins Shooting For His Next Film Gulabo Sitabo

    Parineeti Chopra Regrets Losing Out The Lead Role In 'Piku' To Deepika Padukone

    Deepika Padukone received a Filmfare Award for her role in Piku

    Parineeti Chopra Regrets Losing Out The Lead Role In 'Piku' To Deepika Padukone

    ‘Dearest Bhabhi...’: Veena Malik, Sania Mirza’s Twitter Spat After Pak Loss

    A bitter Twitter war broke out between tennis star Sania Mirza and Veena Malik on Monday after the Pakistani actress questioned the sports icon -- married to Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik -- over parenting.

    ‘Dearest Bhabhi...’: Veena Malik, Sania Mirza’s Twitter Spat After Pak Loss

    Ekta Kapoor Says Mental Hai Kya Is 'Sensitive Towards Mental Illness'

    The producer shared the "disclaimer" on her Twitter account ahead of the film's trailer announcement, amid allegations that the movie trivialises mental health issues.

    Ekta Kapoor Says Mental Hai Kya Is 'Sensitive Towards Mental Illness'

    PIC: Saif Ali Khan And Alaia Furniturewalla's Jawaani Jaaneman Goes On Floors

    Saif and Alaia were recently spotted at the India-Pakistan World Cup match

    PIC: Saif Ali Khan And Alaia Furniturewalla's Jawaani Jaaneman Goes On Floors

    Sanjay Dutt Dedicates First Marathi Production 'Baba' to Father Sunil Dutt

    Actor Sanjay Dutt, who is venturing into Marathi cinema as a producer with "Baba", has dedicated the film to his late father and veteran actor Sunil Dutt.    

    Sanjay Dutt Dedicates First Marathi Production 'Baba' to Father Sunil Dutt