Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Direction Is Next 'Logical Step' For Tisca Chopra

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Apr, 2019 08:33 PM

    Actress Tisca Chopra, who is making her directorial debut with a yet untitled thriller film, says direction was the next logical step forward for her after acting in films over 26 years.

     

    Tisca was interacting with the media at a special screening of Oscar-winning film "Free Solo" here on Tuesday.


    The actress, who had earlier acted in and co-written the acclaimed short film "Chutney", will now be helming a "twisted, dark and bitingly funny" movie.


    Revealing the genre of the film, Tisca said: "It's a thriller film."


    Asked if she feels under pressure as it is her first film as a director, she said: "I don't know. I am just doing my work and I am not thinking about the pressure right now. I guess it is the next logical step forward for me after acting. So I am feeling really happy and excited about it."


    "Free Solo" won the Best Documentary at both the Oscars and the BAFTAs. It will release across theatres on Friday across key metros such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Chandigarh.


    Tisca said that as someone living in India, she gets to see such films usually when she travels abroad or courtesy film festivals and a platform like National Geographic, which has brought "Free Solo" here.


    "There are so many people who want to watch stuff. We can watch a lot of content on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, but it's a different experience to watch it in a theatre with proper picture quality, sound and people. It's a very collective experience and I love that."


    "Free Solo" is a portrait of the free soloist climber Alex Honnold as he prepares to achieve his lifelong dream -- climbing the face of the world's most famous rock.


    Would Tisca like to feature in an adventure-thriller film?


    She said: "I would love do an adventure film. There was one film which used to be my favourite was 'Crocodile Dundee', where they go all through these jungles and stuff. I am a very big white water rafting enthusiast and I am a motor sport enthusiast. I also took part in Himalayan car rally. So yeah, if anything comes up on these lines, I definitely want to be a part of it."


    Tisca will also appear in the romantic comedy "Good News", where she will co-star with Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Diljit Dosanjh and Kiara Advani. She has finished shooting for the film.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Bigg Boss 12 Finale: Dipika Kakar Wins Salman Khan’s Show, Sreesanth Is First Runner-Up

    Bigg Boss 12 finale: Dipika Kakar has been announced as the winner of Bigg Boss 12. She took home the trophy and the prize money.  

    Bigg Boss 12 Finale: Dipika Kakar Wins Salman Khan’s Show, Sreesanth Is First Runner-Up

    Rana Daggubati To Play A 'Threat' In 'Housefull 4': Director

    Screenwriter-director Farhad Samji has revealed that the "Baahubali" star Rana Daggubati will play a threat in their upcoming film "Housefull 4".    

    Rana Daggubati To Play A 'Threat' In 'Housefull 4': Director

    Kader Khan Reportedly Hospitalised In Canada. Son Sarfaraz Quashes Death Rumours

    Actor Kader Khan's son Sarfaraz on Monday dismissed media reports of his father's demise. He added that his father has been admitted to a hospital in Canada.

    Kader Khan Reportedly Hospitalised In Canada. Son Sarfaraz Quashes Death Rumours

    Khan Magic Failed In Year Full Of Experimental Content In Bollywood

    Content is king, not the Khans -- the year 2018 proved this with the success of fresh and high concept films like "Stree", "Badhaai Ho" and "AndhaDhun", embraced by the audience over the Khans-led "Race 3", "Thugs of Hindostan" and "Zero", which had set high expectations but fell flat at the box office.

    Khan Magic Failed In Year Full Of Experimental Content In Bollywood

    Vinta Nanda: 'No End To My Battle Against Alok Nath But I Get Driven By People's Support'

    Vinta Nanda, who has accused Alok Nath of sexual harassment and rape, Friday said she is aware that maybe there is no end to her battle with Alok Nath but it's the support of people that keeps her going.

    Vinta Nanda: 'No End To My Battle Against Alok Nath But I Get Driven By People's Support'

    I Don't Plan To Open Any Music Company: Sonu Nigam

    I Don't Plan To Open Any Music Company: Sonu Nigam
    My point about being better off being born in Pakistan was about the music companies in India asking Indian singers to pay 40-50 per cent of their concert remunerations to them, and only then they'll work with those artistes

    I Don't Plan To Open Any Music Company: Sonu Nigam