Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Don't Make Biopics on Kishore Kumar, R D Burman, Says Naseeruddin Shah

Darpan News Desk IANS, 24 Aug, 2016 11:42 AM
    Actor Naseeruddin Shah feels that biopics on music legends Kishore Kumar and R D Burman should not be made as commercial filmmakers will end up "ruining" them. 
     
    The Waiting star said that he also heard that a biopic on filmmaker Guru Dutt is underway, but feels it will be better if it is not made. 
     
    When asked his views about a biopic being planned on Kishore Kumar, Mr Shah told reporters, "No it should not be made. We made one on Milkha Singh. I heard they are making a biopic on Guru Dutt as well. It will be better if they don't make it."
     
    Asked about a proposed biopic on even R D Burman, the 67-year-old actor said, "It is enough if they make a song and dance film only. Commercial filmmakers should not touch serious subjects. Satyanash hi kar ke rakhte hai uska (they ruin them completely)." 
     
     
    Mr Shah, who made his debut in Bollywood with 1975's Nishant, has also worked in over 100 films so far. He said that he was blessed to join the industry at a time when actors like him were needed. 
     
    "I feel blessed that I came at a time when people like me were needed in films and I started getting work. In fact my struggle was not as long or hard as that of an actor like Nawazuddin Siddiqui or Irrfan Khan. Now, they are getting success but it took a lot of time. They both struggled a lot," said Mr Shah. 
     
    The Ishqiya actor will be next seen in OK Jaanu starring Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor. The film, directed by Shaad Ali, is a remake of Mani Ratnam's superhit Tamil movie OK Kanmani. 

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Zareen Khan starts shooting for 'Aksar 2'

    Zareen Khan starts shooting for 'Aksar 2'
    Actress Zareen Khan has started shooting for "Aksar 2", a sequel to the 2006 film "Aksar".

    Zareen Khan starts shooting for 'Aksar 2'

    Arti Randhawa Signs Three-movie Deal

    Arti Randhawa Signs Three-movie Deal
    Actress Arti Randhawa, who took a break from the entertainment industry about five years back, is returning to showbiz. She has already signed a three-movie deal and will start shooting for the first film from September.

    Arti Randhawa Signs Three-movie Deal

    'Sultan' mints over Rs 35 crore on opening day

    Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's sports-drama film “Sultan” has taken the box office by storm. The Ali Abbas Zafar directorial minted over Rs 35 crore on its opening day.

    'Sultan' mints over Rs 35 crore on opening day

    US tour sets a benchmark: Ayushmann Khurrana

    US tour sets a benchmark: Ayushmann Khurrana
    After creating waves with his music in India, actor-singer Ayushmann Khurrana is marking his first tour to the US with his band Ayushman Bhava. The actor says the tour is very important as the US is a big market and sets a benchmark.

    US tour sets a benchmark: Ayushmann Khurrana

    Chetan Bhagat, Vicky Ratnani to host TV shows

    Celebrated author Chetan Bhagat and chef Vicky Ratnani will be hosting TV show "Real 2 States Couples" and "Rivals-in-law", respectively.

    Chetan Bhagat, Vicky Ratnani to host TV shows

    Yami Gautam shoots down casting claims

    Yami Gautam is surprised at all the “casting stories” doing the rounds. The actress says she will not talk about the films that are offered to her, adding that it is the “producer's prerogative to announce the news when a project is signed”.

    Yami Gautam shoots down casting claims