Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

My Only Attempt Is To Keep Surprising The Audience: Vicky Kaushal

Darpan News Desk IANS, 07 Jan, 2019 04:10 AM
  • My Only Attempt Is To Keep Surprising The Audience: Vicky Kaushal

With back-to-back hits in 2018 Vicky Kaushal may have become one of the most sought after actors from the younger lot, but he is aware that success and failure go hand-in-hand.


The 30-year-old actor, who was part of films like Raazi, Sanju, Manmarziyaan and Netflix’s Lust Stories and Love Per Square Foot, said his aim as a performer is not to repeat himself.


“My only attempt is to keep surprising the audience. I want to be honest to a character that I play. I have started, I might fall, might get up, then again fall and rise and this will continue to happen. But I will never stop trying,” Vicky told .


The actor made a mark for himself as a versatile performer in the year gone by and he feels blessed to have received the love from the audience.


“On most occasions before 2018, I was referred as the ‘Masaan’ guy and the biggest change is I got my identity as Vicky Kaushal, the actor. I feel blessed and fortunate to have been working with some great directors.”


“I have learnt a lot as an actor and that will reflect in my work henceforth. It is a beautiful thing to be loved. It makes me feel I am the best version of myself. I feel gratified, surreal. It feels great to be respected as an actor,” he added.


Vicky, son of noted action director Sham Kaushal, said he feels proud to see his parents happy with his career graph.


“My parents have seen me in time of struggle… They supported me. They have seen that my life was not moving forward for couple of years and I was struggling.


“Finally they saw that my work is liked by the audience and I am working with big people, so they are very happy. I just want to keep working harder and harder for everyone,” he said.


Vicky will next be seen in Uri: The Surgical Strike. The film, which releases on January 11, marks his first mainstream solo outing.


He also has Karan Johar’s next directorial venture Takht in his kitty.

MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

All Of Us Are Here To Do Our Job: Sara On Competition With Janhvi

All Of Us Are Here To Do Our Job: Sara On Competition With Janhvi
Debutante Sara Ali Khan, daughter of Bollywood actors Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh, has a neutral approach towards competition with Janhvi Kapoor, who made her Bollywood foray with "Dhadak" earlier this year.

All Of Us Are Here To Do Our Job: Sara On Competition With Janhvi

Sanjay Khan Has 'Extraordinary Stories' For TV

Sanjay Khan Has 'Extraordinary Stories' For TV
Veteran actor-filmmaker Sanjay Khan, popular for acting in and producing the television series "The Sword of Tipu Sultan", says he is planning to make movies, but he also has some extraordinary stories that can be told on the small screen.

Sanjay Khan Has 'Extraordinary Stories' For TV

Virat Kohli On Competition With Wife Anushka Sharma: It Doesn't Even Occur To Us

Virat Kohli On Competition With Wife Anushka Sharma: It Doesn't Even Occur To Us
"Whatever internally we talk about obviously, I am not going to publicly come out and tell people about our conversations but when it comes to the business side of things, both of us are professionals. There is absolutely no competition there at all."

Virat Kohli On Competition With Wife Anushka Sharma: It Doesn't Even Occur To Us

India’s Narrative Can’t Be Reduced To One Colour: Mahesh Bhatt

Iterating that India's narrative cannot be reduced to one colour, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt said on Saturday that the plurality of the diverse country needs to be celebrated.

India’s Narrative Can’t Be Reduced To One Colour: Mahesh Bhatt

PICS: Vivek Oberoi Wraps Up 'Inside Edge 2' Shoot

Actor Vivek Oberoi has completed shooting for the second season of cricket-themed web series "Inside Edge".

PICS: Vivek Oberoi Wraps Up 'Inside Edge 2' Shoot

Never Quit Telugu Industry For Bollywood, Says Ileana D'Cruz

Never Quit Telugu Industry For Bollywood, Says Ileana D'Cruz
Actress Ileana D'Cruz, who has made a comeback to the Telugu industry after six years with the forthcoming film "Amar Akbar Anthony", says she never quit her career in the south to build one in Bollywood.

Never Quit Telugu Industry For Bollywood, Says Ileana D'Cruz