Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon

Darpan News Desk IANS, 19 Feb, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon
Ace director Priyadarshan is all set to make his Bollywood return after a gap of two years.
 
The 58-year-old veteran opened his mind and spoke about what he intends to do from now on in a chat with IANS.
 
"I have lined up two projects in Bollywood ... one is with Akshay Kumar and the second one is for Arjun Kapoor," he said.
 
"Again this year, I have one film in Malayalam and it will be with Mohanlal," added the director, who was in the state capital to announce the launch of Janam TV, the latest Malayalam TV channel that will go on air April 19, in which he is the chairman.
 
The last film that he did in Bollywood was "Rangrezz" released in 2013.
 
Since then, he was often been in the state capital as he was also the chairman of the state-run Kerala Chalachitra Academy, a post that he laid down after his tenure ended last year.
 
Sharing the reason for staying away from Bollywood for so long, he said: "Yes, then came things in my personal life as my wife Lissy has filed a divorce case. All in all, I was disturbed. Moreover, my stars also were not that favourable."
 
"Now, I think, there has been a change in that and hence I decided to get back to full-time work," said the ace director. 
 
In a career that began in 1978, he has by now done 88 films in various South Indian languages and also in Bollywood. 
 
"I have now finalised a script for my Mohanlal film which will go on the floors shortly. Then I realised that this can be used for my next Bollywood project with Kumar. So if everything is fine, both these projects would be done side by side," said Priyadarshan.
 
He said the second project that he has in mind is in its infancy and would be a good one with Kapoor. 
 
"So 2015 is going to be a hectic one for me and I am ready to get back to what I know best and Janam TV will also take a bit of my time," said the veteran director.

MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

I don't expect to be star all my life: Deepika

I don't expect to be star all my life: Deepika
After giving hits like "Chennai Express", "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" and "Race 2" in 2013, Deepika Padukone has become one of the most sought-after actresses...

I don't expect to be star all my life: Deepika

Tepid response to 'Finding Fanny', 'Creature 3D'

Tepid response to 'Finding Fanny', 'Creature 3D'
Bollywood divas Deepika Padukone and Bipasha Basu entered theatres with "Finding Fanny" and "Creature 3D" respectively, but neither could rock the box office....

Tepid response to 'Finding Fanny', 'Creature 3D'

Mohit Suri to direct film adaptation of 'Half Girlfriend'

Mohit Suri to direct film adaptation of 'Half Girlfriend'
Mohit Suri is set to direct the film adaptation of author Chetan Bhagat's upcoming novel "Half Girlfriend", which is about a Bihari boy falling in love with a girl from upper class society...

Mohit Suri to direct film adaptation of 'Half Girlfriend'

Not without Manoj Bajpayee: E. Niwas on 'Shool' sequel

Not without Manoj Bajpayee: E. Niwas on 'Shool' sequel
E. Niwas, who made his Bollywood debut as a director with "Shool", now plans to make a sequel to the National Award winning movie. He says he won't make it without Manoj Bajpayee....

Not without Manoj Bajpayee: E. Niwas on 'Shool' sequel

Sonam Kapoor to skip 'Khoobsurat' promotions in Pakistan

Sonam Kapoor to skip 'Khoobsurat' promotions in Pakistan
Prior work commitments will keep actress Sonam Kapoor away from the promotions of her forthcoming film "Khoobsurat" in Pakistan, the home...

Sonam Kapoor to skip 'Khoobsurat' promotions in Pakistan

Photographers boycott Salman's 'Bigg Boss 8' press meet

Photographers boycott Salman's 'Bigg Boss 8' press meet
Photographers, who have decided to boycott events of actor Salman Khan, were Friday missing from his press conference to announce "Bigg Boss" season 8...

Photographers boycott Salman's 'Bigg Boss 8' press meet