Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon

Darpan News Desk IANS, 19 Feb, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon
Ace director Priyadarshan is all set to make his Bollywood return after a gap of two years.
 
The 58-year-old veteran opened his mind and spoke about what he intends to do from now on in a chat with IANS.
 
"I have lined up two projects in Bollywood ... one is with Akshay Kumar and the second one is for Arjun Kapoor," he said.
 
"Again this year, I have one film in Malayalam and it will be with Mohanlal," added the director, who was in the state capital to announce the launch of Janam TV, the latest Malayalam TV channel that will go on air April 19, in which he is the chairman.
 
The last film that he did in Bollywood was "Rangrezz" released in 2013.
 
Since then, he was often been in the state capital as he was also the chairman of the state-run Kerala Chalachitra Academy, a post that he laid down after his tenure ended last year.
 
Sharing the reason for staying away from Bollywood for so long, he said: "Yes, then came things in my personal life as my wife Lissy has filed a divorce case. All in all, I was disturbed. Moreover, my stars also were not that favourable."
 
"Now, I think, there has been a change in that and hence I decided to get back to full-time work," said the ace director. 
 
In a career that began in 1978, he has by now done 88 films in various South Indian languages and also in Bollywood. 
 
"I have now finalised a script for my Mohanlal film which will go on the floors shortly. Then I realised that this can be used for my next Bollywood project with Kumar. So if everything is fine, both these projects would be done side by side," said Priyadarshan.
 
He said the second project that he has in mind is in its infancy and would be a good one with Kapoor. 
 
"So 2015 is going to be a hectic one for me and I am ready to get back to what I know best and Janam TV will also take a bit of my time," said the veteran director.

MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

'Finding Fanny mints Rs.5.1 crore on opening day

'Finding Fanny mints Rs.5.1 crore on opening day
Homi Adajania's English language Bollywood entertainer "Finding Fanny" registered an opening day collection of Rs.5.1 crore net across India. Its makers...

'Finding Fanny mints Rs.5.1 crore on opening day

Nobody would dare to behave badly with me: Bipasha Basu

Nobody would dare to behave badly with me: Bipasha Basu
Actress Bipasha Basu, who describes herself as "fiery and forthright" has shot down "blind stories" of an unsavoury happening related to her on the...

Nobody would dare to behave badly with me: Bipasha Basu

Can't do more than one film at a time: Shah Rukh Khan

Can't do more than one film at a time: Shah Rukh Khan
In his over two-decade career, Shah Rukh Khan has maintained his on-screen charisma, his craze and an average of two and a half films per year and he wants...

Can't do more than one film at a time: Shah Rukh Khan

I've still not understood 'Bigg Boss' game: Salman Khan

I've still not understood 'Bigg Boss' game: Salman Khan
Superstar Salman Khan has anchored "Bigg Boss" for the past five seasons, but he says the immensely popular reality show is beyond his understanding....

I've still not understood 'Bigg Boss' game: Salman Khan

Stardom woes - when Arjun Kapoor couldn't visit a college

Stardom woes - when Arjun Kapoor couldn't visit a college
Actor Arjun Kapoor was all set to visit a college here to promote his latest release "Finding Fanny", but the plan had to be cancelled due to security hassles...

Stardom woes - when Arjun Kapoor couldn't visit a college

Salman Khan to launch music of Marathi film

Salman Khan to launch music of Marathi film
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who is known to support new talents, will be seen launching the music of the Marathi film "Sanngto Aika...

Salman Khan to launch music of Marathi film