Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon

Darpan News Desk IANS, 19 Feb, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon
Ace director Priyadarshan is all set to make his Bollywood return after a gap of two years.
 
The 58-year-old veteran opened his mind and spoke about what he intends to do from now on in a chat with IANS.
 
"I have lined up two projects in Bollywood ... one is with Akshay Kumar and the second one is for Arjun Kapoor," he said.
 
"Again this year, I have one film in Malayalam and it will be with Mohanlal," added the director, who was in the state capital to announce the launch of Janam TV, the latest Malayalam TV channel that will go on air April 19, in which he is the chairman.
 
The last film that he did in Bollywood was "Rangrezz" released in 2013.
 
Since then, he was often been in the state capital as he was also the chairman of the state-run Kerala Chalachitra Academy, a post that he laid down after his tenure ended last year.
 
Sharing the reason for staying away from Bollywood for so long, he said: "Yes, then came things in my personal life as my wife Lissy has filed a divorce case. All in all, I was disturbed. Moreover, my stars also were not that favourable."
 
"Now, I think, there has been a change in that and hence I decided to get back to full-time work," said the ace director. 
 
In a career that began in 1978, he has by now done 88 films in various South Indian languages and also in Bollywood. 
 
"I have now finalised a script for my Mohanlal film which will go on the floors shortly. Then I realised that this can be used for my next Bollywood project with Kumar. So if everything is fine, both these projects would be done side by side," said Priyadarshan.
 
He said the second project that he has in mind is in its infancy and would be a good one with Kapoor. 
 
"So 2015 is going to be a hectic one for me and I am ready to get back to what I know best and Janam TV will also take a bit of my time," said the veteran director.

MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

Check Out: Bollywood Beauties and Their Best Features

Check Out: Bollywood Beauties and Their Best Features
Undoubtedly, everything pertaining to our B-town beauties is simply drool-worthy, but at the same time there is no denying the fact that, every...

Check Out: Bollywood Beauties and Their Best Features

Now I can beat anyone: Priyanka Chopra

Now I can beat anyone: Priyanka Chopra
No, Priyanka Chopra is not talking about the box office competition, but about actually beating up someone physically! And the actress strongly feels that every woman should learn some form of self-defence.

Now I can beat anyone: Priyanka Chopra

Bipasha Basu wants to work with Honey Singh

Bipasha Basu wants to work with Honey Singh
Actress Bipasha Basu is so impressed with rapper-singer Yo Yo Honey Singh that she wants to work with him. "I will be foolish if I don't want to do it," Bipasha said on the sets of Honey Singh's singing reality show "India's Raw Star".

Bipasha Basu wants to work with Honey Singh

Aamir wants to groove like Hrithik

Aamir wants to groove like Hrithik
Superstar Aamir Khan is so fascinated by Hrithik Roshan's dance moves in "Bang Bang!" that he too wants to groove like him.

Aamir wants to groove like Hrithik

'Finding Fanny' will open avenues for English films: Karan Johar

'Finding Fanny' will open avenues for English films: Karan Johar
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is associated with Hindi commercial blockbusters, is hopeful that English language movie 'Finding Fanny' will open avenues for more such cinema. 

'Finding Fanny' will open avenues for English films: Karan Johar

Anurag Kashyap won’t release ‘Bombay Velvet’ till satisfied

Anurag Kashyap won’t release ‘Bombay Velvet’ till satisfied
Actor Kay Kay Menon supports Anurag Kashyap’s decision to release ‘Bombay Velvet’ next year and says that the director shows his work only when he is 100 per cent satisfied. (Read: Anushka Sharma in 35 kg gown for ‘Bombay Velvet’)

Anurag Kashyap won’t release ‘Bombay Velvet’ till satisfied