Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Sabbatical From Fiction TV Wasn't Planned: Aashka

    Sabbatical From Fiction TV Wasn't Planned: Aashka
    Actress Aashka Goradia, who was juggling between hosting and her beauty business, says taking a two-year break from fiction shows wasn't a planned move.    

    Sabbatical From Fiction TV Wasn't Planned: Aashka

    Gender No Bar To Courage, Says Taapsee Pannu

    In the teaser video of Prime Exclusive series "Laakhon Mein Ek", Taapsee asks some tough questions on the visual and verbal language used to describe courage, read a statement.

    Gender No Bar To Courage, Says Taapsee Pannu

    Producer'S Job Is More Challenging: Madhuri Dixit

    Actress Madhuri Dixit Nene who along with her husband Sriram Nene has made their debut as film producer with the Marathi movie "15 August", says the job is tougher than acting.

    Producer'S Job Is More Challenging: Madhuri Dixit

    Indians Are Poo Poo In Their Brains: PewDiePieTakes Dig At India After Youtube Defeat

    PewDiePie, aka Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, made a new video on his YouTube channel in which he accused T-series of selling pirated songs.    

    Indians Are Poo Poo In Their Brains: PewDiePieTakes Dig At India After Youtube Defeat

    WATCH: Payal Rohatgi, Gauahar Khan’s Catfight Over Article 370 Goes Religious

    Former "Bigg Boss" celebrities Payal Rohatgi and Gauahar Khan got into a catfight on Twitter over the formers tweets regarding Article 370

    WATCH: Payal Rohatgi, Gauahar Khan’s Catfight Over Article 370 Goes Religious

    Is It Splitsville For Priyanka And Nick Jonas?

    Actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Nick Jonas are not having a good time with each other and the couple is already headed for a divorce, claims a magazine.

    Is It Splitsville For Priyanka And Nick Jonas?