Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Dia Preps For Web Series 'Kaafir' In The Hills

    Actress Dia Mirza has started preparation for web series "Kaafir", which she has described as a "really special" project.

    Dia Preps For Web Series 'Kaafir' In The Hills

    Urvashi Rautela Appalled By Video Claiming Boney Kapoor Touched Her Inappropriately, Calls Him ‘A True Gentleman'

    What could have been an innocent move has landed Boney Kapoor in the midst of a controversy.    

    Urvashi Rautela Appalled By Video Claiming Boney Kapoor Touched Her Inappropriately, Calls Him ‘A True Gentleman'

    Sonam Kapoor To Share Style Secrets Via Web Series

    She has always raised the fashion bar with her sartorial sense, and now actress Sonam Kapoor Ahuja is set to unravel some of her style secrets in an upcoming web series.

    Sonam Kapoor To Share Style Secrets Via Web Series

    Inaaya Very Naughty, Active Kid: Soha Ali Khan

    Soha said this on Monday while interacting with the media here at the launch of Classmate Spell Bee Season 11.    

    Inaaya Very Naughty, Active Kid: Soha Ali Khan

    Arjun Kapoor Wants To Do More Intense Stories

    Arjun Kapoor Wants To Do More Intense Stories
    Actor Arjun Kapoor wants to do more intense films and says he would love to portray myriad characters like a con, gangster and a father on screen.

    Arjun Kapoor Wants To Do More Intense Stories

    Wait And Watch: Madhu Mantena Promises Surprises

    Producer Madhu Mantena has been lying low for almost a year now, after his production house Phantom Films got dissolved.

    Wait And Watch: Madhu Mantena Promises Surprises