Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Biased Towards Tv But Enjoy Digital: Sakshi Tanwar

    Biased Towards Tv But Enjoy Digital: Sakshi Tanwar
    Actress Sakshi Tanwar, who has featured in a web series titled "The Final Call", says she is biased towards television 

    Biased Towards Tv But Enjoy Digital: Sakshi Tanwar

    'Romeo Akbar...' Celebrates Unnoticed People: Mouni

    Actress Mouni Roy, who will be seen in the forthcoming film "Romeo Akbar Walter", says the espionage thriller celebrates the unnoticed people who have sacrificed their lives for the love of their country.

    'Romeo Akbar...' Celebrates Unnoticed People: Mouni

    Mahesh Bhatt Questions System Of Censorship

    Mahesh Bhatt Questions System Of Censorship
      "It's a tragedy that a film like 'No Fathers in Kashmir'... a filmmaker who puts his film together, and runs from pillar to post, begged people to get it through. In this age and time, is there anything called censorship?"  

    Mahesh Bhatt Questions System Of Censorship

    Kesari: Parineeti Chopra Wanted To Keep Her Role 'Authentic' In Akshay Kumar's Film

    Parineeti Chopra on signing Kesari: "I immediately said yes to it, I did not even hear the full narration."  

    Kesari: Parineeti Chopra Wanted To Keep Her Role 'Authentic' In Akshay Kumar's Film

    This Is When Aamir Khan Will Quit Acting

    Superstar Aamir Khan says filmmaking does excite him, but currently he wants to focus on acting.

    This Is When Aamir Khan Will Quit Acting

    Taimur Does Not Starve: Kareena Kapoor

    Taimur Does Not Starve: Kareena Kapoor
    After her son Taimur Ali Khan was trolled on social media, actress Kareena Kapoor Khan gave a befitting reply to get back at the trollers.

    Taimur Does Not Starve: Kareena Kapoor