Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Priyanka Chopra To Collaborate With Amazon Prime Video Soon

    Priyanka Chopra To Collaborate With Amazon Prime Video Soon
    "Quantico" star Priyanka Chopra is in talks with Amazon Prime Video for some projects, and an official announcement will be made soon.

    Priyanka Chopra To Collaborate With Amazon Prime Video Soon

    People Bullied Me By Calling 'Cobra': Kubbra Sait

    Actress Kubbra Sait said people have bullied her by calling her 'Cobra' instead of her name but she feels proud of her identity today.    

    People Bullied Me By Calling 'Cobra': Kubbra Sait

    Ayushmann To Play Policeman In Anubhav Sinha'S 'Article 15'

    Versatile actor Ayushmann Khurrana, who has embraced a gamut of on-screen characters -- from a sperm donor to a blind man -- will next be seen essaying the role of a police officer

    Ayushmann To Play Policeman In Anubhav Sinha'S 'Article 15'

    Neetu Chandra To Celebrate International Women's Day In New York

    Neetu Chandra To Celebrate International Women's Day In New York
    Actress Neetu Chandra has been invited by the Consulate General of India, New York to be the chief guest and speaker at the International Women's Day celebrations on March 8.

    Neetu Chandra To Celebrate International Women's Day In New York

    Have Ironed Out Differences With Mohit Malhotra: Tina Dutta

    Have Ironed Out Differences With Mohit Malhotra: Tina Dutta
    Actress Tina Dutta, who alleged that her "Daayan" co-star Mohit Malhotra touched her inappropriately during the shoot of their show, says they have now "ironed out the differences".    

    Have Ironed Out Differences With Mohit Malhotra: Tina Dutta

    Film Like 'Golmaal' Only Works Because Of All Of Us: Kunal Kemmu

    Kunal has been part of "Golmaal 3", "Golmaal Again", "Go Goa Gone" and has more multi-starrer movies, including the recently announced "Malang" and the fifth part of "Golmaal", lined up.

    Film Like 'Golmaal' Only Works Because Of All Of Us: Kunal Kemmu