Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Kevin Jonas' Daughter Was Reluctant To Share Nick With Priyanka

    Kevin Jonas' Daughter Was Reluctant To Share Nick With Priyanka
    Actress Priyanka Chopra's brother-in-law Kevin Jonas says his daughter Valentina did not approve of Priyanka's presence in Nick Jonas' life easily.

    Kevin Jonas' Daughter Was Reluctant To Share Nick With Priyanka

    Akshay Kumar Is On Fire, Announces His First Web Series 'The End' In Style

    Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar will make his digital debut with an edge-of-the seat thriller series, whose working title is "The End".

    Akshay Kumar Is On Fire, Announces His First Web Series 'The End' In Style

    Trailer Review: 'Romeo Akbar Walter' Looks Like A Film Made After Pulwama But It Is Not

    John looks all clenched-jawed and determined. His only condition? Please look after my Ammi, no matter what happens.

    Trailer Review: 'Romeo Akbar Walter' Looks Like A Film Made After Pulwama But It Is Not

    Varun Dhawan Takes Part In Twerking Dance-Off With Nora Fatehi. Watch Who Won

    The two actors are currently shooting in London for the upcoming film. And Varun sportingly took up the challenge to beat dance sensation Norah in twerking.

    Varun Dhawan Takes Part In Twerking Dance-Off With Nora Fatehi. Watch Who Won

    A Jonas Brothers Documentary Is Coming To Amazon Prime Video

    Days after their reunion, Jonas Brothers are teaming up with Amazon Studios for a documentary.

    A Jonas Brothers Documentary Is Coming To Amazon Prime Video

    'Romeo Akbar Walter Not Jingoistic, I'm Not Anti Any Other Country,' Clarified John Abraham

    "I would like to make films that reflect the true nature of this country," said John Abraham

    'Romeo Akbar Walter Not Jingoistic, I'm Not Anti Any Other Country,' Clarified John Abraham