Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Kangana Ranaut Intends To Direct Her Own Biopic, Says It Won't Be 'Propaganda'

    Kangana Ranaut Intends To Direct Her Own Biopic, Says It Won't Be 'Propaganda'
    "I'm emboldened by the love of the people around me, who have never judged me but accepted me for who I am," said Kangana Ranaut

    Kangana Ranaut Intends To Direct Her Own Biopic, Says It Won't Be 'Propaganda'

    Sunny Leone Shares Teaser Of 'Hollywood Wale Nakhre' Music Video, Fans Wish Happy Valentine's Day

    unny Leone makes an entry in a pretty sky blue dress and high heels and can be seen dancing amid the background dancers in the streets of Greece

    Sunny Leone Shares Teaser Of 'Hollywood Wale Nakhre' Music Video, Fans Wish Happy Valentine's Day

    WATCH: RGV Releases Trailer Of Controversial Movie On NTR

    WATCH: RGV Releases Trailer Of Controversial Movie On NTR
    "Here is the trailer of the most intense and dramatic love story ever. Wish you all a very happy Valentine's Day," tweeted Varma.

    WATCH: RGV Releases Trailer Of Controversial Movie On NTR

    Google Celebrates Madhubala's 86th Birthday With A Doodle

    Google Celebrates Madhubala's 86th Birthday With A Doodle
    On Valentine's Day, Google doodled the star-crossed iconic character from "Mughal-E-Azam", Anarkali, made indelible in movie lovers' mind by the effervescent Madhubala 

    Google Celebrates Madhubala's 86th Birthday With A Doodle

    Kareena Kapoor, Karisma, Shweta Bachchan Attend Vikram Phadnis' Mother's Prayer Meet

    Several Bollywood personalities had attended her funeral as well. Among those seen were Salman Khan's brother and sister, Arbaaz and Alvira.

    Kareena Kapoor, Karisma, Shweta Bachchan Attend Vikram Phadnis' Mother's Prayer Meet

    Shweta Tripathi Sharma's '5 Years Of Craziness'

    I'm more 'me' with him than I am even with myself," added the actress, who is set to make her Tamil film debut with "Mehandi Circus".

    Shweta Tripathi Sharma's '5 Years Of Craziness'