Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Won't Have Been Able To Do ‘Bhavesh...' Without ‘Mirzya' Experience: Harshvardhan

IANS, 02 May, 2018 12:55 PM
    Actor Harshvardhan Kapoor, whose debut film "Mirzya" failed at the box office, says without its experience, he wouldnt have been able to do the forthcoming "Bhavesh Joshi Superhero".
     
     
    Harshvardhan was present at the trailer launch of the superhero film here on Wednesday.
     
     
    Asked how he dealt with the failure of his first film at the box office, he said: "To be honest, I kind of knew somewhere that we were trying to do something new and different.
     
     
    "And whenever you try to do something new and different, you don't always succeed. But I think for me, the success of 'Mirzya' personally was that I got to work with a director (Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra) that I have idolised. I love his movies and his vision was amazing and spectacular. To be a part of that was great."
     
     
    He said he got to learn a lot and improved a lot as an actor.
     
     
    "Had I not done 'Mirzya', without that experience I wouldn't be able to do 'Bhavesh Joshi...'.
     
     
    "I don't think I am the first actor whose film hasn't made money and I am not going to be the last... You just got to keep working," added the son of veteran actor Anil Kapoor.
     
     
     
    "Bhavesh Joshi Superhero" is a superhero movie and Harshvardhan's second project. Aren't there too many expectations at the box office?
     
     
    He said: "It is very difficult to define success and failure. Of course, there is box office which is very important because it is business at the end of the day. 
     
     
    "But your life is your life and you will work on what fits right with you. It is an amazing film. And to be able to be part of a vision so huge at such a young age was really spectacular." 
     
     
    Written and directed by Vikramaditya Motwane, the film also features Nishikant Kamat, Radhika Apte and Priyanshu Painyuli.
     
     
    Presented by Phantom Films, the film will release on May 25.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui Summoned In Thane Phone Snooping Row

    Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui Summoned In Thane Phone Snooping Row
    Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Abhishek Trimukhi told reporters that the three had been called after some of the arrested accused had told police that an advocate had obtained call records of the actor's wife from private detectives.

    Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui Summoned In Thane Phone Snooping Row

    This Is Why Salman Khan Will Share Stories Of Real-life Heroes On Social Media

    This Is Why Salman Khan Will Share Stories Of Real-life Heroes On Social Media
    Superstar Salman Khan will be sharing stories of real life heroes.

    This Is Why Salman Khan Will Share Stories Of Real-life Heroes On Social Media

    When I Made 'Guzaarish' On Euthanasia, There Was Hue And Cry: Sanjay Leela Bhansali

    When I Made 'Guzaarish' On Euthanasia, There Was Hue And Cry: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
    "I remember when I had made 'Guzaarish', there was plenty of hue and cry over my plea to allow the irreversibly ailing to end their lives," Bhansali said.

    When I Made 'Guzaarish' On Euthanasia, There Was Hue And Cry: Sanjay Leela Bhansali

    Fans Lose Calm As Deepika Padukone Gets International Recognition

    Fans Lose Calm As Deepika Padukone Gets International Recognition
    Fans are losing their calm as Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone got placed on Variety Magazine's International Women's Impact report.

    Fans Lose Calm As Deepika Padukone Gets International Recognition

    WATCH: Robert De Niro Sings At Anupam Kher's Surprise Birthday Party He Hosted

    WATCH: Robert De Niro Sings At Anupam Kher's Surprise Birthday Party He Hosted
    Hollywood star Robert De Niro surprised Anupam Kher by hosting a surprise birthday dinner for the veteran Indian actor.

    WATCH: Robert De Niro Sings At Anupam Kher's Surprise Birthday Party He Hosted

    Deceased Fan Leaves All Her Belongings To Sanjay Dutt, Bollywood Star Rejects Dead Fan's Gift

    Sanjay Dutt had an "overwhelming" experience when he learnt that a 62-year-old fan of his has willed all her valuables to the actor, reported Mumbai Mirror. 

    Deceased Fan Leaves All Her Belongings To Sanjay Dutt, Bollywood Star Rejects Dead Fan's Gift