Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

50 Cent Breaks Silence On Filing For Bankruptcy

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jul, 2015 01:16 PM
  • 50 Cent Breaks Silence On Filing For Bankruptcy
Rapper 50 Cent has broken his silence after filing for bankruptcy, following a sex tape lawsuit that cost him $5 million.
 
"I'm taking the precautions that any other good businessperson would take in this situation," the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was quoted as saying by eonline.com. 
 
Last week, a US-based jury awarded $5 million to a woman in Florida named Lastonia Leviston, who said he humiliated her by posting a sex tape of her and another man online. 
 
"You know when you're successful and stuff, you become a target. I don't want to be a bull's eye. I don't want anybody to pick me as the guy that they just come to with astronomical claims and go through all that,” he said. 
 
According to the bankruptcy legal documents obtained by eonline.com, the “Candy Shop” rapper says his assets are valued between $10 million and $50 million and his liabilities are also between the same range.
 
Cent also says the debts are primarily consumer debts and lists his estimated number of creditors as between 1 and 49.
 
"Walt Disney has filed bankruptcy. Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy. It means you're reorganising your finances, but it does stop things from moving forward that you don't want moving forward,” he said. 
 
"I gotta decent legal team. You don't have to worry (sic).”
 
The said video went viral in March 2009 after the rapper posted links to the full 13-minute video on his website. 
 
Cent had edited the video which showed Leviston and her former boyfriend Maurice Murray. He superimposed his own character "Pimpin' Curly" in the video and an expletive-filled narration. 

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

When Waves Took Matthew Perry's Shorts Away

When Waves Took Matthew Perry's Shorts Away
Actor Matthew Perry says he once accidentally ended up without his shorts on a beach, where a group of party-goers stood staring at him.

When Waves Took Matthew Perry's Shorts Away

Watching 'Furious 7' Without Walker Upsets Vin Diesel

Actor Vin Diesel admitted he struggles to watch the “Fast and Furious” franchise following his co-star Paul Walker's death. Paul was killed in a car crash on November 2013 when the Porsche he was travelling in as a passenger hit a tree and caught fire.

Watching 'Furious 7' Without Walker Upsets Vin Diesel

Dave Chappelle Sues Man For Throwing Banana Peel

Dave Chappelle Sues Man For Throwing Banana Peel
American comdian Dave Chappelle pressed charges against a man who threw a banana peel at his leg during a show in Mexico.

Dave Chappelle Sues Man For Throwing Banana Peel

Benedict Cumberbatch Replicated In Choco Statue

A life-sized chocolate statue of “The Imitation Game” star Benedict Cumberbatch has been crafted out of cocoa to celebrate the fact that he has been voted the dishiest dramatic actor on UKTV.

Benedict Cumberbatch Replicated In Choco Statue

Russell Brand Used Trangender For Sex?

Lauren Harries claims she was in a relationship with Russell Brand after they met on “Celebrity Big Brother's Bit On The Side” in 2006. The Transgender TV personality however says that the comedian only "liked the bedroom department" with her.

Russell Brand Used Trangender For Sex?

Russell Crowe Recalls Getting Prank Calls From Michael Jackson

Actor Russell Crowe has revealed that he used to get prank calls from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Russell Crowe Recalls Getting Prank Calls From Michael Jackson