Sunday, May 17, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

I Was Spared From Sexual Harassment Says Julia Roberts

IANS, 17 Nov, 2017 12:19 PM
  • I Was Spared From Sexual Harassment Says Julia Roberts
Hollywood actress Julia Roberts has revealed that she is one of the few lucky ones who have been "spared" from sexual harassment during her career.
 
According to People Magazine, the 50-year-old actress said, she is fortunate to have not suffered any form of sexual misconduct in the workplace.
 
In an interview given to a leading news channel, the Oscar-winning actress admitted her luck makes her "feel bad", because she doesn't understand why she did not face the same alleged treatment that others claim to have been subjected to.
 
She said, "You know, it's all so ugly in so many ways. I've never had this experience. I mean, I almost feel bad saying that because I don't know why I was spared. You hear some of these heart-wrenching, awful stories and I have a daughter, it is heartbreaking. But it's not been part of my experience."
 
This is not the first time Roberts has come forward to speak about the alleged misconduct of the likes of Harvey Weinstein.
 
She previously released a statement in support of victims after decades of allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
 
The 'Notting Hill' star also urged any victims of sexual abuse or harassment to turn to specialist organisations for help and support.
 
"If you've been subjected to any kind of abuse or harassment, there are places to go for help, including the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN.org). Or call the National Sexual Assault Hotline 800-656-HOPE (4673)," noted Roberts. 

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

J.K. Rowling Defends Casting Of Black Hermoine In 'Harry Potter' Play

British novelist J.K. Rowling has defended the casting of a black Hermione Granger in upcoming play "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child", following a backlash.

J.K. Rowling Defends Casting Of Black Hermoine In 'Harry Potter' Play

Selena Gomez Releases Racy Music Video

Singer Selena Gomez has released a racy music video of her "Hands to myself" new single.

Selena Gomez Releases Racy Music Video

Kim Apologises After Her New App Breaks Apple's App Store

Kim Apologises After Her New App Breaks Apple's App Store
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian doesn't only break the internet, but also the Apple's App Store!

Kim Apologises After Her New App Breaks Apple's App Store

Steve Harvey was hired 'Days before' Miss Universe pageant

Steve Harvey was hired 'Days before' Miss Universe pageant
Harvey got ridiculed for wrongly announcing Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as the 2015 Miss Universe, while the actual winner of the beauty pageant was Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach from Philippines.

Steve Harvey was hired 'Days before' Miss Universe pageant

How Khloe Kardashian Lost 5 Kg

Reality TV star Khloe Kardashian has shown impressive weight loss over the past few years and she has now revealed how she achieved the feat.

How Khloe Kardashian Lost 5 Kg

Nicki Minaj Performs At Concert Despite Protest

Nicki Minaj Performs At Concert Despite Protest
The "Anaconda" hitmaker was to perform at a show at a phone company named Unitel Boas Festas on December 19 in Luanda, the capital of Angola. 

Nicki Minaj Performs At Concert Despite Protest