Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

I Was Spared From Sexual Harassment Says Julia Roberts

IANS, 17 Nov, 2017 12:19 PM
  • I Was Spared From Sexual Harassment Says Julia Roberts
Hollywood actress Julia Roberts has revealed that she is one of the few lucky ones who have been "spared" from sexual harassment during her career.
 
According to People Magazine, the 50-year-old actress said, she is fortunate to have not suffered any form of sexual misconduct in the workplace.
 
In an interview given to a leading news channel, the Oscar-winning actress admitted her luck makes her "feel bad", because she doesn't understand why she did not face the same alleged treatment that others claim to have been subjected to.
 
She said, "You know, it's all so ugly in so many ways. I've never had this experience. I mean, I almost feel bad saying that because I don't know why I was spared. You hear some of these heart-wrenching, awful stories and I have a daughter, it is heartbreaking. But it's not been part of my experience."
 
This is not the first time Roberts has come forward to speak about the alleged misconduct of the likes of Harvey Weinstein.
 
She previously released a statement in support of victims after decades of allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
 
The 'Notting Hill' star also urged any victims of sexual abuse or harassment to turn to specialist organisations for help and support.
 
"If you've been subjected to any kind of abuse or harassment, there are places to go for help, including the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN.org). Or call the National Sexual Assault Hotline 800-656-HOPE (4673)," noted Roberts. 

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Bradley Cooper's 'Rare Connection' With Jennifer Lawrence

 After working in four films together, actor Bradley Cooper says teaming up with Jennifer Lawrence is incredibly comfortable.

Bradley Cooper's 'Rare Connection' With Jennifer Lawrence

Madonna defends ex-husband Sean Penn in defamation lawsuit

Singer Madonna tried to defend her former husband and actor Sean Penn over "Empire" co-creator Lee Daniels' controversial comments in which he compared Penn to Terrence Howard, who admitted to hitting women.

Madonna defends ex-husband Sean Penn in defamation lawsuit

Riteish Deshmukh Turns 37, Gets Wishes Galore From B-Town

Celebrities like Abhishek Bachchan, Radhika Apte, Farhan Akhtar as well as Riteish's wife Genelia Deshmukh took to Twitter to wish the birthday boy.

Riteish Deshmukh Turns 37, Gets Wishes Galore From B-Town

Sharon Stone Joins James Franco's 'The Disaster Artist'

Actress Sharon Stone has joined the cast of comedy film "The Disaster Artist". She will play a Hollywood agent in the movie.

Sharon Stone Joins James Franco's 'The Disaster Artist'

Did Kim Kardashian Visit Surgeon For Trim Frame?

Did Kim Kardashian Visit Surgeon For Trim Frame?
After Kim Kardashian revealed that she lost around 8 kg after giving birth to her son last week, a new report claims that the reality TV star underwent a surgery to shed her weight.

Did Kim Kardashian Visit Surgeon For Trim Frame?

Selena Gomez Done With Eyelash Extensions

Singer Selena Gomez is slowly phasing out her eyelash extensions and says her eyelashes are "mostly real" at the moment.

Selena Gomez Done With Eyelash Extensions