Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

One Direction members upset with 'Steal My Girl' performance

Darpan News Desk Darpan, 23 Nov, 2014 01:44 PM
  • One Direction members upset with 'Steal My Girl' performance
The members of English pop band One Direction felt disappointed when their single “Steal My Girl” didn't make it to number one spot on Britain's music charts.
 
The band, which comprises of members Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, saw their latest single listed at number three last month and though they were upset not to top the singles chart, they think Meghan Trainor's “All About That Bass” deserved to take the number one position, reports contactmusic.com.
 
In a combined interview with Britain's OK! Magazine, Tomlinson said: “'Steal My Girl' didn't go to number one and we were gutted to be honest. But that's just the way it is -- there's tough competition out there. 'All About That Bass' is just a monster”.
 
Niall Horan added: “I'm all about that bass."
 
Despite felling gutted, the “You & I” group has never fail to be astonished by the support of their fans.
 
"Everything we do, the fans are so incredibly supportive. Going into an album you think, 'We've had such incredible support over the past three albums, surely this won't be received on the same level. But they do,” Tomlinson said.
 
Malik added: "That's why it amazes us even more, because it's persistent."

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Swift hasn't dated since split from Styles

Swift hasn't dated since split from Styles
The singer talked about her relationship status during an interview to Rolling Stone magazine and revealed she has consciously avoided dating...

Swift hasn't dated since split from Styles

Jay Z, Beyonce's paradise intact

Jay Z, Beyonce's paradise intact
They were sported together holding hands and exchanging "sincere warmth" and body language expert Leil Lowndes believes the action shows they are...

Jay Z, Beyonce's paradise intact

Sean Harris to play villain in 'Mission: Impossible 5'?

Sean Harris to play villain in 'Mission: Impossible 5'?
British actor Sean Harris is reportedly in talks with the makers to play the villain in “Mission: Impossible 5”...

Sean Harris to play villain in 'Mission: Impossible 5'?

Victoria wants new store to be a family affair

Victoria wants new store to be a family affair
The 40-year-old designer is preparing to open her first store on London's Dover Street later this month and she would like it to be a family affair with...

Victoria wants new store to be a family affair

Kristen Stewart finds acting isolating

Kristen Stewart finds acting isolating
Actress Kristen Stewart finds her job incredibly isolating because people around her feel that they are not allowed to talk to her....

Kristen Stewart finds acting isolating

'Jungle Book' writer to pen 'Top Gun 2'

'Jungle Book' writer to pen 'Top Gun 2'
Writer Justin Marks, the man behind Disney’s upcoming live-action version of “The Jungle Book”, is in talks with the makers of “Top Gun 2” to write...

'Jungle Book' writer to pen 'Top Gun 2'