Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

Post 'Bang Bang', Hrithik keen on 'mental break'

Darpan News Desk Darpan, 04 Oct, 2014 03:01 PM
  • Post 'Bang Bang', Hrithik keen on 'mental break'
A well-deserved break is all that's on actor Hrithik Roshan's mind following his latest Bollywood release "Bang Bang". He feels a mental break would be just right before he begins work on the mega project "Mohenjo Daro".
 
"I'm hoping I'll make time for sometime away for a mental break," Hrithik had told IANS in a telephonic interview before the release of "Bang Bang", which hit the screens Thursday.
 
"Variety is very important in life. If you get monotonous in doing one thing, it will kill your enthusiasm. So it is very important to take that break and then I'll come back with a bang with 'Mohenjo Daro', which is yet another very big challenge," added the 40-year-old.
 
"Bang Bang" has been a special film for the actor. He has pushed his limits as far as the stunts and dance is concerned at a time when he himself was going through physical and emotional turmoil in his life.
 
Now after the glitzy and glamorous action in "Bang Bang", he's looking forward to the historical set up of "Mohenjo Daro", which is a love story set in the Indus Valley civilisation. Gowariker has put together an ensemble of international technicians to work on the film -- which will be perhaps his biggest offering to Hindi cinema.
 
"It's going to be a very big film, a very big dream. I am working with Ashutosh for the second time. He's the first director with whom I'm working with for the second time. This is going to be interesting," he said.
 
Talking further about the project, which is scheduled to release ahead of Republic Day in 2016, the Bollywood hearthrob said: "The script is a beautiful love story with the backdrop of the Indus Valley civilisation. It's something that's never been done before. So, I am very excited about it."
 
For now, Hrithik is happy and proud of the response that "Bang Bang" at the box office. The movie, directed by Siddharth Anand, is said to have recorded a collection of Rs. 51.62 crore within two days of its release.
 
The Fox Star Studios production, which also stars Katrina Kaif, minted Rs.27.54 crore on day one and one day two, it managed to get a business of Rs.24.08 crore.

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Motherhood made Jessica Alba 'fearless'

Her grandsons will inherit $250,000 each, two longtime employees will share $35,000 and her papillon Sophie will also be taken care of, thanks to the $10,000....

Motherhood made Jessica Alba 'fearless'

Demi feels responsible for youngest daughter's woes

Demi feels responsible for youngest daughter's woes
Actress Demi Moore is upset as she feels she has passed her own problems related to drug and alcohol to her youngest daughter...

Demi feels responsible for youngest daughter's woes

Liam Hemsworth splurges on ranch-style Malibu house

Liam Hemsworth splurges on ranch-style Malibu house
The "Hunger Games" star fell in love with the pad, which was previously owned by musician Matthew Wilder, reports femalefirst.co.uk...

Liam Hemsworth splurges on ranch-style Malibu house

James Franco indulges in self-mockery

James Franco indulges in self-mockery
Actor James Franco is not bothered by criticism, and says his healthy perspective on life helps him to be able to make fun of himself...

James Franco indulges in self-mockery

Judi Dench to star in 'Shakespeare' adaptations

Judi Dench to star in 'Shakespeare' adaptations
Cumberbatch will play Richard III in the third part of the "Wars of the Roses Hollow Crown" series to be aired on the BBC. Dench will play Cecily, Duchess of York, reports contactmusic.com...

Judi Dench to star in 'Shakespeare' adaptations

Wiz Khalifa cancels concert after man shot dead

Wiz Khalifa cancels concert after man shot dead
Rapper Wiz Khalifa cancelled his concert in Chula Vista, California, after a man was shot and killed at his gig near San Jose...

Wiz Khalifa cancels concert after man shot dead