This faster, easier version of prosciutto-wrapped asparagus will disappear quickly from your holiday dinner table. Rather than wrapping the spears in prosciutto slices, we’ve crisped the prosciutto in the microwave and broken it into bite-size chips to sprinkle over the tender roasted asparagus.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Per serving: 120 calories, fat 11 g (Saturated 3 g), sodium 280 mg, carbohydrate 4 g, fibre 1 g, sugars 0 g, protein 4 g
● 3 slices PC Free From Prosciutto Dry-Cured Ham
● 1 pkg (300 g) frozen PC Asparagus Spears
● 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
● 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
● 1/4 cup (50 mL) PC Memories Of Eggs Benedict Hollandaise Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Arrange prosciutto on paper towel-lined large microwave-safe plate, overlapping slightly if necessary. Cover with separate sheet of paper towel. Microwave until crispy, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Set aside.
3. Toss together frozen asparagus, oil, salt and pepper on baking sheet. Arrange in single layer. Bake, turning asparagus once, until tender-crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place hollandaise sauce in small microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave 15 seconds; stir and repeat until heated through. Set aside. Break prosciutto into bite-size pieces; set aside.
5. Transfer asparagus to serving platter. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with prosciutto.
Chef’s Tip: You can crisp the prosciutto in the oven, if you prefer. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in 425°F (220°C) oven until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Recipe from President’s Choice® Insiders Collection for Holiday