Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Arnab Goswami tenders unconditional apology to former TERI chief before Delhi HC

Arnab Goswami tenders unconditional apology to former TERI chief before Delhi HC
Pachauri had filed a contempt of court petition in February 2016, alleging several media houses for deliberately and contemptuously not following the court's orders restricting them from publishing sexual harassment claims against him.  The affidavit further read that Goswami is a respectable citizen of the country, who abides by the law and holds all courts in high esteem.

Arnab Goswami tenders unconditional apology to former TERI chief before Delhi HC

To boost farmers' income, Punjab bringing new policy on June 30

To boost farmers' income, Punjab bringing new policy on June 30
Presiding over the meeting regarding the demands of the Sanyukta Kisan Morcha here, Dhaliwal said the new agricultural policy is being prepared with the aim of boosting the income of the farmers.  Also, the government is making efforts to solve many problems of the farmers. 

To boost farmers' income, Punjab bringing new policy on June 30

Member of Lawrence Bishnoi gang nabbed after exchange of fire in Delhi

Member of Lawrence Bishnoi gang nabbed after exchange of fire in Delhi
The accused identified as Yogesh alias Gogha, was previously involved in 16 criminal cases, including attempt to murder, robbery, dacoity,criminal intimidation and the Arms Act, registered in Delhi and its peripherals.

Member of Lawrence Bishnoi gang nabbed after exchange of fire in Delhi

Sisodia withdraws interim bail pleas filed before Delhi HC to help his ailing wife

Sisodia withdraws interim bail pleas filed before Delhi HC to help his ailing wife
The same single-judge bench had on May 11 directed the jail superintendent to provide Sisodia with a video conferencing facility to speak to his wife every alternate day between 3-4 p.m. as per prison rules, till the disposal of the bail plea.

Sisodia withdraws interim bail pleas filed before Delhi HC to help his ailing wife

One dead, five injured after DTC bus loses control in Delhi; driver held

One dead, five injured after DTC bus loses control in Delhi; driver held
The mishap occurred at around 4:45 p.m. when the bus going from Nehru Place to Maharani Bagh lost control and rammed into multiple vehicles, causing the death of one person besides leaving five others injured, two of them critically. The identity of the deceased man is yet to be ascertained.

One dead, five injured after DTC bus loses control in Delhi; driver held

Sukhbir Badal to attend new Parliament inauguration ceremony

Sukhbir Badal to attend new Parliament inauguration ceremony
Cheema also took on both the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Congress which have decided to boycott the inauguration ceremony. He said AAP was talking about the issue being one of respect for the President.

Sukhbir Badal to attend new Parliament inauguration ceremony