Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Fake call centre busted in Delhi, 13 arrested

Fake call centre busted in Delhi, 13 arrested
A police officer in Delhi said that the gang was involved in cheating people across India, and the accused have duped people so far of Rs 2 crore. Interestingly, the gang was also registered on the Sulekha app, which provides various services, and most of the calls were through this app.

Fake call centre busted in Delhi, 13 arrested

Triveni Acharya: The Crusader Against Human Trafficking in India 

Triveni Acharya: The Crusader Against Human Trafficking in India 
Ever since, Rescue Foundation has saved over 7000 lives by rescuing girls from trafficking and providing them with a supportive environment to rebuild their lives. With four safe havens in Mumbai, Boisar, Pune and Delhi, the foundation provides shelter, healthcare, education, and vocational training. 

Triveni Acharya: The Crusader Against Human Trafficking in India 

Murder accused arrested 40 years after crime

Murder accused arrested 40 years after crime
Antram a.k.a Anta Antram, 61, had allegedly kidnapped and killed Harendra Singh-- the younger brother of lawyer Raghvendra Singh--with the help of his friend in 1982. The boy was murdered after the family failed to pay a ransom of Rs 5 lakh. The body was found seven days later, with the throat split open.

Murder accused arrested 40 years after crime

Sisodia confesses to destroying two mobile phones: Sources

Sisodia confesses to destroying two mobile phones: Sources
On July 22, 2022, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) directed the CBI to initiate a case in the excise scam. Sources claim that from that day onwards, Sisodia started using a new mobile phone. While probing the matter, the CBI learnt that Sisodia had been using three different mobile phones between January 1, 2020 and August 19, 2022.

Sisodia confesses to destroying two mobile phones: Sources

Four linked to Bishnoi gang held in Haryana

Four linked to Bishnoi gang held in Haryana
A spokesperson for the police said, a police team was deployed at the bus stand in Badhra. On learning that four people with illegal weapons were roaming in a car, the police raided the location and arrested them. The accused have been identified as Ankit, Ajay, Ashuraj and Ravindra.

Four linked to Bishnoi gang held in Haryana

Cop slaps woman farmer protesting land acquisition in Punjab

Cop slaps woman farmer protesting land acquisition in Punjab
The alleged manhandling of the woman has sparked statewide protests by the farmers against the acquisition of land for the Bharatmala project. Hundreds of activists of Kisan Mazdoor Sangharsh Committee (KMSC) squatted on railway tracks at several towns and blocked rail traffic over inadequate compensation for the land acquired for the project.

Cop slaps woman farmer protesting land acquisition in Punjab