Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

3 dead, 40 injured in Yamuna Expressway accident

3 dead, 40 injured in Yamuna Expressway accident
The double-decker bus was going from Delhi to Bihar when it hit a divider and overturned on Sunday night. The injured have been sent to the district hospital where they are undergoing treatment.

3 dead, 40 injured in Yamuna Expressway accident

Railways cancel more than 400 trains before Holi

Railways cancel more than 400 trains before Holi
According to the Railways, some trains coming from Barauni to New Delhi, from Howrah Junction to Jabalpur, from Lucknow to Patliputra, the Humsafar Express from Anand Vihar Terminal to Gorakhpur and the Jharkhand Express coming from Hatia to Anand Vihar Terminal have been cancelled.

Railways cancel more than 400 trains before Holi

Extend Delhi excise scam probe to Punjab: Akali Dal

Extend Delhi excise scam probe to Punjab: Akali Dal
Asserting large-scale corruption in the Punjab excise policy, Majithia said like in the case of Delhi, the entire liquor trade had been handed over to two companies and their profit margin had been doubled to facilitate a quid pro quo.

Extend Delhi excise scam probe to Punjab: Akali Dal

Gold biscuits worth Rs 68 lakhs seized at Surat airport

Gold biscuits worth Rs 68 lakhs seized at Surat airport
The sources said that after a flight from Sharjah arrived at the airport, a passenger alerted a Customs officer about a flip cover being left behind on a trolley. Upon checking, the officer recovered 10 gold biscuits, wrapped in the cover.

Gold biscuits worth Rs 68 lakhs seized at Surat airport

Newly-wed couple found dead with stab wounds in Chhattisgarh

Newly-wed couple found dead with stab wounds in Chhattisgarh
The incident took place on Tuesday at Tikrapara area of Raipur. The deceased have been identified as Aslam Ahmed and Kahkasha Bano, the couple got married on February 19 and their wedding reception was scheduled to be held on Tuesday.

Newly-wed couple found dead with stab wounds in Chhattisgarh

NIA raids 70 locations linked to Bishnoi, Bawana & other gangsters

NIA raids 70 locations linked to Bishnoi, Bawana & other gangsters
Lawrence Bishnoi was placed under arrest by the NIA on November 24, 2022 in connection with a case related to conspiracy hatched by terrorists, gangsters and drug smugglers' syndicate to create terror among the public. His arrest was made when he was lodged in the Bhatinda Jail.

NIA raids 70 locations linked to Bishnoi, Bawana & other gangsters