Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

Darpan News Desk IANS, 23 Apr, 2025 11:35 AM
  • Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Several Muslim nations and organisations continue to condemn and reject terrorism in all its forms and manifestations in the aftermath of the horrific terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam.

 

Based in Saudi Arabia, the Muslim World League (MWL) extended its condolences to the families of the victims of the heinous crime and wished a swift recovery for the injured.

The MWL Secretary General, Mohammed bin Abdulkarim Al-Issa, had called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jeddah during his visit to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday and strongly condemned the ghastly terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and offered deepest condolences on the innocent lives lost.

The Foreign Ministry of Saudi Arabia also condemned the attack in the strongest terms.

"The Kingdom affirms its firm stance in rejecting all forms of violence, extremism, and targetting of civilians. The Kingdom also extends its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims, and the government and people of India," the ministry said in a statement.

Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates affirmed the Kingdom's full support and solidarity with the "friendly nation" of India.

The Ministry's official spokesperson, Ambassador Sufyan Al-Qudah said that the Kingdom rejects all forms of violence and terrorism that seek to destabilise security and stability.

The Taliban regime in Afghanistan also issued a strong statement on the terror attack, stating that such incidents affect regional security and stability.

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan categorically condemns the recent attack on tourists in the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir, and expresses our condolences to the bereaved families. Such incidents undermine efforts to ensure regional security and stability,” the Ministry’s spokesperson remarked.

Strongly condemning the terrorist attack, Iran's Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi extended condolences to the people and government of India

"Iran strongly and unequivocally condemns the terrorist attack against tourists in Pahalgam. Our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims and their families. We extend our heartfelt condolences to the people and government of India," he posted on X

The President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, also sent a telegram of condolences to President Draupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Modi, in connection with the terrible terrorist act that occurred in Jammu and Kashmir.

"The tragic news of the loss of life and injury to a large number of people in the terrorist attack in the Jammu and Kashmir region has caused us immense sorrow and deep concern. We strongly condemn this cruel act of criminal forces and reiterate Tajikistan's readiness to strengthen the relentless and collective fight against all manifestations of terrorism and extremism. I express my sincere condolences to you, the families and loved ones of the victims of this terrorist act, and to all the people of friendly India. I wish a full recovery to all those injured," said Rahmon.

MORE India ARTICLES

3 back to back earthquakes rock Ladakh & J&K

3 back to back earthquakes rock Ladakh & J&K
Three back to back earthquakes rocked the Union Territories of Ladakh and J&K on Monday, while no report of casualty or damage to property has been received so far. A Met Department statement said that the first earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale occurred at 3.48 p.m. in Ladakh region with the epicentre in Kargil district. A second earthquake measuring 3.8 on Richter scale again occurred in Ladakh region at 4.01 p.m.

3 back to back earthquakes rock Ladakh & J&K

Odisha Police seizes drugs valued at RS 66 lakhs, two held

Odisha Police seizes drugs valued at RS 66 lakhs, two held
The Special Crime Unit (SCU) of Commissionerate Police has arrested two drug peddlers and seized drugs valued at around Rs 66 lakhs from CRP Square area in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on Sunday, Police Commissioner Saumendra Priyadarshi said. Priyadarshi said that the illegal trade in drugs usually increases manifold every year during this period in view of the parties for New Year celebrations and various other occasions.  

Odisha Police seizes drugs valued at RS 66 lakhs, two held

Four arrested for insurance policy fraud, duping 60 people in Gurugram

Four arrested for insurance policy fraud, duping 60 people in Gurugram
The Gurugram Cyber Crime Police said on Monday that they have busted a fake insurance policy racket and arrested four persons who duped at least 60 people. Police said that the suspects used to call victims posed as insurance company officials and duped people in the name of solving their insurance policy problem.

Four arrested for insurance policy fraud, duping 60 people in Gurugram

Varanasi may get another Vande Bharat train during PM Modi's visit

Varanasi may get another Vande Bharat train during PM Modi's visit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to announce the launch of another Vande Bharat train between Varanasi and Delhi, during his visit to his parliamentary constituency on December 17-18. The first Vande Bharat train was launched from Varanasi in 2019.

Varanasi may get another Vande Bharat train during PM Modi's visit

Gold smuggling into India through Indo-Myanmar border: ED searches 7 locations in Punjab

Gold smuggling into India through Indo-Myanmar border: ED searches 7 locations in Punjab
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday said that it carried out searches at seven locations on December 12 in Punjab’s Patiala city in connection with a gold smuggling operation. The ED said that the case is based on a criminal complaint filed by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), under provisions of the Customs Act, 1962 against Lucky Satija, Surinder Kumar, Manjodh Singh Cheema and others for smuggling gold from foreign nations into India.  

Gold smuggling into India through Indo-Myanmar border: ED searches 7 locations in Punjab

Eight years after sacrilege, Sukhbir Badal apologises for failing to arrest culprits

Eight years after sacrilege, Sukhbir Badal apologises for failing to arrest culprits
Eight years after the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib during the helm of the Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP government in Punjab, Akali Dal President Sukhbir Badal on Thursday unconditionally sought forgiveness of the Khalsa Panth (community) for failing to arrest the culprits. Speaking at the 103rd foundation day of the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) with folded hands, Badal expressed his regrets.

Eight years after sacrilege, Sukhbir Badal apologises for failing to arrest culprits