Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

Darpan News Desk IANS, 23 Apr, 2025 11:35 AM
  • Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Several Muslim nations and organisations continue to condemn and reject terrorism in all its forms and manifestations in the aftermath of the horrific terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam.

 

Based in Saudi Arabia, the Muslim World League (MWL) extended its condolences to the families of the victims of the heinous crime and wished a swift recovery for the injured.

The MWL Secretary General, Mohammed bin Abdulkarim Al-Issa, had called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jeddah during his visit to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday and strongly condemned the ghastly terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and offered deepest condolences on the innocent lives lost.

The Foreign Ministry of Saudi Arabia also condemned the attack in the strongest terms.

"The Kingdom affirms its firm stance in rejecting all forms of violence, extremism, and targetting of civilians. The Kingdom also extends its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims, and the government and people of India," the ministry said in a statement.

Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates affirmed the Kingdom's full support and solidarity with the "friendly nation" of India.

The Ministry's official spokesperson, Ambassador Sufyan Al-Qudah said that the Kingdom rejects all forms of violence and terrorism that seek to destabilise security and stability.

The Taliban regime in Afghanistan also issued a strong statement on the terror attack, stating that such incidents affect regional security and stability.

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan categorically condemns the recent attack on tourists in the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir, and expresses our condolences to the bereaved families. Such incidents undermine efforts to ensure regional security and stability,” the Ministry’s spokesperson remarked.

Strongly condemning the terrorist attack, Iran's Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi extended condolences to the people and government of India

"Iran strongly and unequivocally condemns the terrorist attack against tourists in Pahalgam. Our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims and their families. We extend our heartfelt condolences to the people and government of India," he posted on X

The President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, also sent a telegram of condolences to President Draupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Modi, in connection with the terrible terrorist act that occurred in Jammu and Kashmir.

"The tragic news of the loss of life and injury to a large number of people in the terrorist attack in the Jammu and Kashmir region has caused us immense sorrow and deep concern. We strongly condemn this cruel act of criminal forces and reiterate Tajikistan's readiness to strengthen the relentless and collective fight against all manifestations of terrorism and extremism. I express my sincere condolences to you, the families and loved ones of the victims of this terrorist act, and to all the people of friendly India. I wish a full recovery to all those injured," said Rahmon.

MORE India ARTICLES

Lawrence Bishnoi-Goldy Brar gang sharpshooter nabbed after encounter, involved in firing at ex-MLA's Delhi house

Lawrence Bishnoi-Goldy Brar gang sharpshooter nabbed after encounter, involved in firing at ex-MLA's Delhi house
The accused was identified as Sombir a.k.a Totala, 23, a resident of Haryana's Sonipat. Last week, two sharpshooters of the gang were arrested for firing seven to eight rounds in front of the residence of the ex-MLA. According to a Crime Branch officer, the sharpshooters were identified as Aakash a.k.a Kassa (23) and Nitesh alias Sinti (19), both residents of Haryana.  

Lawrence Bishnoi-Goldy Brar gang sharpshooter nabbed after encounter, involved in firing at ex-MLA's Delhi house

CBI chargesheets 7 for exporting gold jewellery from India under guise of fake exhibition

CBI chargesheets 7 for exporting gold jewellery from India under guise of fake exhibition
The Central Bureau of Investigation on Thursday filed a chargesheet against seven accused including a Delhi based private company and its director, the then superintendent of customs and private persons for exporting gold jewellery from India under the guise of a fake exhibition organized by a UAE based firm. 

CBI chargesheets 7 for exporting gold jewellery from India under guise of fake exhibition

Out of 678 winning candidates in 5 states, 253 have criminal cases; maximum 114 from Congress

Out of 678 winning candidates in 5 states, 253 have criminal cases; maximum 114 from Congress
Out of 678 winning candidates analysed from the five states of Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram that went to the polls recently, 253 have declared criminal cases against themselves in their affidavits, with the maximum from the Congress which has 114 winning members facing criminal cases, a report said on Thursday. The report also revealed that in Telangana 69 per cent of the winning candidates have criminal cases against them.  

Out of 678 winning candidates in 5 states, 253 have criminal cases; maximum 114 from Congress

Parliament security breach: Accused Lalit Jha arrested

Parliament security breach: Accused Lalit Jha arrested
The fifth accused and alleged mastermind of the Parliament security breach incident, Lalit Jha, was arrested from the national capital on Thursday, police said. As per police sources, Jha had allegedly organised a clandestine meeting in Gurugram on Tuesday, a day before the incident.  

Parliament security breach: Accused Lalit Jha arrested

Agra Metro to generate power from third rail

Agra Metro to generate power from third rail
In a unique initiative, the Agra Metro is laying the third rail traction system that will generate power for the trains. The network will not have OHE (Overhead equipment) which often tends to trip whenever it comes in contact with some other projects. The third rail traction work has already completed in Agra Metro Rail Depot and on the elevated section.

Agra Metro to generate power from third rail

Six held with fake gold, counterfeit currency in Assam

Six held with fake gold, counterfeit currency in Assam
Assam Police arrested six people with suspected fake gold items and counterfeit Indian currency notes in Guwahati, officials said on Wednesday. The arrests were made during an operation conducted by the Special Task Force (STF) of Assam Police on Tuesday.

Six held with fake gold, counterfeit currency in Assam