Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Husband-wife duo arrested for duping over 30 people of crores

Husband-wife duo arrested for duping over 30 people of crores
The accused were identified as Sukhvinder Singh Sahani (51) and his wife Sheetal Sahani (49). The couple was arrested on April 24, after an investigation was initiated into a complaint filed by Rashmi Batra.

Husband-wife duo arrested for duping over 30 people of crores

11 tourists caught with fake Gulmarg Gondola tickets

11 tourists caught with fake Gulmarg Gondola tickets
Officials said that the ticketing squad at the Kongdoori station of Gulmarg Gondola caught 11 tourists from Gujarat along with a local guide, who had come to board the cable car from Kongdoori to Gulmarg on fake and edited tickets.

11 tourists caught with fake Gulmarg Gondola tickets

Inter-state narco cartel busted, over 300 kg cannabis worth Rs 1 cr seized

Inter-state narco cartel busted, over 300 kg cannabis worth Rs 1 cr seized
The police have also recovered over 300 kilograms of cannabis worth more than Rs 1 crore from them.  The accused were identified as Pratap (45), a resident of Rampura in Delhi; Lakhan (23) and Pooran (22) - both residents of Okhla Mod.

Inter-state narco cartel busted, over 300 kg cannabis worth Rs 1 cr seized

Centre notifies appointment 6 permanent judges of Punjab and Haryana HC

Centre notifies appointment 6 permanent judges of Punjab and Haryana HC
Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju, in a tweet, said: "As per the provisions under the Constitution of India, the following Additional Judges are appointed as Permanent Judges of Punjab and Haryana High Court: Vikas Bahl, Vikas Suri, Sandeep Moudgil, Vinod Sharma (Bhardwaj), Pankaj Jain, and Jasjit Singh Bedi."

Centre notifies appointment 6 permanent judges of Punjab and Haryana HC

PM Modi reaches Chandigarh, pays last respects to Akali patriarch Badal

PM Modi reaches Chandigarh, pays last respects to Akali patriarch Badal
Throughout his political career, Badal, who had once compared Prime Minister Narendra Modi to former US President Abraham Lincoln, had always expressed "immense satisfaction and pride" over the strong and principled stand taken by his party "to save the beleaguered peasantry and the country".

PM Modi reaches Chandigarh, pays last respects to Akali patriarch Badal

Excise policy scam: Delhi court defers order on Sisodia's bail plea in ED case

Excise policy scam: Delhi court defers order on Sisodia's bail plea in ED case
Special judge M.K. Nagpal of the Rouse Avenue Court will now pronounce the order on April 28. On April 18, he had reserved its decision on Sisodia's bail plea. The court had, a day before, extended Sisodia's judicial custody by two weeks in the case.

Excise policy scam: Delhi court defers order on Sisodia's bail plea in ED case