Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Man held at IGI Airport with gold worth over Rs 54 lakh

Man held at IGI Airport with gold worth over Rs 54 lakh
A man was held at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport here for smuggling 1,010 gm gold worth Rs 54,25,205, an official said on Wednesday.  The accused couldn't produce any document for carrying such a large quantity of gold.

Man held at IGI Airport with gold worth over Rs 54 lakh

Life threat issued to Yogi, probe on

Life threat issued to Yogi, probe on
Just after receiving the message the police informed senior officials, including ADG, law and order and ADG, intelligence. Amid the Chief Minister's zero tolerance policy for crime and operation bulldozer to demolish criminals' ill-gotten property, the threat has come as a big challenge for security officials.

Life threat issued to Yogi, probe on

First batch of 278 Indians from war-torn Sudan leave for India under Operation 'Kaveri'

First batch of 278 Indians from war-torn Sudan leave for India under Operation 'Kaveri'
The evacuation process named Operation Kaveri, started on April 23, as apart from INS Sumedha, two Indian Air Force aircraft were sent to bring back Indian citizens stuck in Sudan's capital Khartoum, where civil war broke out on April 15 after its army and paramilitary forces clashed with each other. 

First batch of 278 Indians from war-torn Sudan leave for India under Operation 'Kaveri'

Delhi: Nigerians arrested for cheating over 700 victims on matrimonial website

Delhi: Nigerians arrested for cheating over 700 victims on matrimonial website
The accused were identified as Chife Monday (27) and Igwemma Jame (33), both presently residing in Delhi's Nihal Vihar area. Police said that the accused came to India in 2018 and were staying without valid documents.

Delhi: Nigerians arrested for cheating over 700 victims on matrimonial website

Rahul Gandhi moves Gujarat HC for stay on defamation conviction

Rahul Gandhi moves Gujarat HC for stay on defamation conviction
Gandhi, now disqualified as a parliamentarian, was convicted by a magistrate's court on March 23 for his controversial remark, "All thieves have Modi surname," made during a political campaign in Karnataka's Kolar in 2019. 

Rahul Gandhi moves Gujarat HC for stay on defamation conviction

Excise policy scam: Delhi court fixes May 12 to consider CBI's supplementary charge sheet against Sisodia, others

Excise policy scam: Delhi court fixes May 12 to consider CBI's supplementary charge sheet against Sisodia, others
The probe agency also informed the court that Hyderabad-based CA Butchi Babu Gorantla, Arjun Pandey, and Amandeep Singh Dhall were also mentioned as accused in the final report, which also included a list of witnesses and documents that were used as support. 

Excise policy scam: Delhi court fixes May 12 to consider CBI's supplementary charge sheet against Sisodia, others