Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

Darpan News Desk IANS, 02 May, 2025 10:59 AM
  • Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) In a major development, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted extensive searches across Punjab in connection with a terror conspiracy involving Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives. The raids targeted premises linked to gangster Harpreet Singh alias Happy Passian, a close associate of Pakistan-based Khalistani terrorist Harwinder Singh alias Rinda.

A total of 17 locations were searched across Gurdaspur, Batala, Ferozepur, Fazilka, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, and Faridkot. According to officials, the operation led to the recovery of several incriminating materials, including mobile phones, digital storage devices, and documents. These are currently under examination by investigators.

The searches were conducted under a case in which Happy Passian is a key accused. Now based in the United States, Passian is considered one of the main conspirators behind recent grenade attacks on police stations and posts in Punjab and Haryana. He has been declared a proclaimed offender in the ongoing investigation.

The NIA alleges that Passian is a vital link in Rinda’s cross-border terror network, which operates through international associates, including those in Pakistan. Investigators believe he has been actively recruiting operatives within India and arranging weapons, explosives, and financial support for BKI’s terror activities.

The case was registered suo motu by the NIA under the directives of the Ministry of Home Affairs. So far, five individuals have been arrested, and three have been chargesheeted under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. Another 12 have been arraigned as accused, including Rinda, Lakhbir Singh alias Landa, and Passian himself. A total of seven accused, including the three, have been declared proclaimed offenders.

The anti-terror agency continues to probe the wider conspiracy and is analysing evidence gathered during Thursday’s raids to identify more suspects and uncover the full extent of the terror network’s operations.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Delhi: Man arrested for duping over 900 families of missing persons

Delhi: Man arrested for duping over 900 families of missing persons
A 28-year-old man was arrested for duping over 900 families of the missing persons after downloading information from the ZIPNet (Zonal Integrated Police Network) and other such government websites, a Delhi Police official said on Wednesday. The accused was identified as Shyamsunder Chauhan, a resident of Ranipur Mau, Uttar Pradesh and a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) graduate from Indore.  

Delhi: Man arrested for duping over 900 families of missing persons

21 cases of new Covid variant JN. 1 reported across country

21 cases of new Covid variant JN. 1 reported across country
The Union Health Ministry on Wednesday said that 21 cases of the new variant JN.1 have been reported from across the country. The source said that 19 cases of the new coronavirus variant has been reported from Goa while one each from Maharashtra and Kerala.  

21 cases of new Covid variant JN. 1 reported across country

IGIA set to unveil India’s first multi-modal interstate transport hub

IGIA set to unveil India’s first multi-modal interstate transport hub
According to officials, the hub will be well-connected with an Interstate Bus Terminus (ISBT), the upcoming phase-four line of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), the proposed Passenger Transport Centre (PTC) and the proposed Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) station, including the station for Automated Passenger Mover (APM) near the GMR Aerocity.

IGIA set to unveil India’s first multi-modal interstate transport hub

India, Pakistan abuzz over health status of Dawood; if he was ‘poisoned, critical’

India, Pakistan abuzz over health status of Dawood; if he was ‘poisoned, critical’
The prime cases for which India wants him include the March 12, 1993 Mumbai serial blasts -- ranked the worst-ever terror strike in India -- which claimed 267 people, much higher than the 166 who were killed in the terror attacks of November 26, 2008, that hit the country's commercial capital.

India, Pakistan abuzz over health status of Dawood; if he was ‘poisoned, critical’

Modi’s ‘guarantee vehicle’ is super hit: PM

Modi’s ‘guarantee vehicle’ is super hit: PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that Modi's 'guarantee vehicle' has become a superhit. Addressing an event here, Modi said the vehicle has evoked tremendous response from the people and it has been assured that the country will become developed by 2047.  

Modi’s ‘guarantee vehicle’ is super hit: PM

Punjab gives 4% DA hike to employees, pensioners

Punjab gives 4% DA hike to employees, pensioners
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Monday announced a four per cent hile in dearness allowance (DA) for government employees and pensioners from December 1, thereby enhancing it to 38 per cent. The decision was taken at a meeting of the Chief Minister with employees here.  

Punjab gives 4% DA hike to employees, pensioners