Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

Darpan News Desk IANS, 02 May, 2025 10:59 AM
  • Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) In a major development, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted extensive searches across Punjab in connection with a terror conspiracy involving Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives. The raids targeted premises linked to gangster Harpreet Singh alias Happy Passian, a close associate of Pakistan-based Khalistani terrorist Harwinder Singh alias Rinda.

A total of 17 locations were searched across Gurdaspur, Batala, Ferozepur, Fazilka, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, and Faridkot. According to officials, the operation led to the recovery of several incriminating materials, including mobile phones, digital storage devices, and documents. These are currently under examination by investigators.

The searches were conducted under a case in which Happy Passian is a key accused. Now based in the United States, Passian is considered one of the main conspirators behind recent grenade attacks on police stations and posts in Punjab and Haryana. He has been declared a proclaimed offender in the ongoing investigation.

The NIA alleges that Passian is a vital link in Rinda’s cross-border terror network, which operates through international associates, including those in Pakistan. Investigators believe he has been actively recruiting operatives within India and arranging weapons, explosives, and financial support for BKI’s terror activities.

The case was registered suo motu by the NIA under the directives of the Ministry of Home Affairs. So far, five individuals have been arrested, and three have been chargesheeted under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. Another 12 have been arraigned as accused, including Rinda, Lakhbir Singh alias Landa, and Passian himself. A total of seven accused, including the three, have been declared proclaimed offenders.

The anti-terror agency continues to probe the wider conspiracy and is analysing evidence gathered during Thursday’s raids to identify more suspects and uncover the full extent of the terror network’s operations.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

PM expresses grief over loss of live due to Cyclone Michaung

PM expresses grief over loss of live due to Cyclone Michaung
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed deep grief over the loss of lives due to Cyclone Michaung, especially in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry. Modi also prayed for those injured or affected in this cyclone and said that authorities are working tirelessly on the ground to assist those affected and will continue their work till the situation fully normalises.

PM expresses grief over loss of live due to Cyclone Michaung

Govt blocks 100 websites involved in job scams, illegal investments

Govt blocks 100 websites involved in job scams, illegal investments
The government in a statement on Wednesday said that the Indian Cybercrime Coordination Centre (I4C), an initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs, through its vertical NCTAU had last week identified and recommended over 100 websites involved in organised investment or task-based part-time job frauds. "Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), invoking its power under the Information Technology Act, 2000, has blocked these websites," the government said.

Govt blocks 100 websites involved in job scams, illegal investments

Over 400 arrested for touting at Delhi's IGI airport this year

Over 400 arrested for touting at Delhi's IGI airport this year
Over 400 individuals have been arrested this year for touting at Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, more than double compared to last year, a Delhi Police official said. Persistent issues of inconvenience and harassment to passengers have prompted authorities to take decisive action against unauthorised solicitation, the official added.

Over 400 arrested for touting at Delhi's IGI airport this year

Multi-crore rupees scam: Punjab cops nab fugitive Mumbai fraudster's dad from Gujarat

Multi-crore rupees scam: Punjab cops nab fugitive Mumbai fraudster's dad from Gujarat
According to Sohana Police (formerly, Mohali) official Mukesh Sinha, the accused Shailesh Mehta, 71, was nabbed from his purported hideout at an old-age home in Ahmedabad following a FIR registered after a complaint lodged by Punjab businessman Viresh Singhal.

Multi-crore rupees scam: Punjab cops nab fugitive Mumbai fraudster's dad from Gujarat

Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9

Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9
Reaching here late on Friday, Shah will fly down to Gadchiroli the next morning to inaugurate a direct reduced iron plan of Lloyds Metals & Energy Ltd, which will be the first big project coming up in the Maoist hinterland. He is also likely to perform the ground-breaking ceremony of other LMEL projects as part of the company’s Rs 20,000-crore integrated steel manufacturing unit in Kondseri on a 1000-acre complex.

Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9

India-Germany military cooperation meeting held in New Delhi

India-Germany military cooperation meeting held in New Delhi
The Ministry said that the meeting was co-chaired from the Indian side by Brigadier Vivek Narang, Deputy Assistant Chief of Integrated Staff IDC (A), HQ IDS, and Col (GS) Christian Schmidt, Director, Department International Cooperation Armed Forces Office from the German side. The meeting was conducted in a friendly, warm, and cordial atmosphere.  

India-Germany military cooperation meeting held in New Delhi