Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Oil Minister rules out cut in fuel prices

Oil Minister rules out cut in fuel prices
Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri said on Wednesday that there was no proposal to cut petrol and diesel prices at present as there was “high volatility” in global crude oil prices. The minister dismissed media reports about a fuel price cut as 'speculative', saying the government's top priority is energy availability.

Oil Minister rules out cut in fuel prices

Akali Dal to hold Punjab Bachao Yatra from Feb 1

Akali Dal to hold Punjab Bachao Yatra from Feb 1
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Wednesday decided to hold a Punjab Bachao Yatra from February 1 to take the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government to task for failing Punjab on all fronts. The core committee decided to hold a Punjab Bachao Yatra from February 1 to expose the AAP government which had betrayed all sections of people, including farmers, weaker sections of society, trade and industry, youth and government employees.

Akali Dal to hold Punjab Bachao Yatra from Feb 1

Two wanted sharpshooters held in Delhi

Two wanted sharpshooters held in Delhi
The Crime Branch of Delhi Police has arrested two wanted sharpshooters of the notorious Himanshu a.k.a. Bahu and Naveen Bali gang following an exchange of fire, an official said on Wednesday, adding both were wanted in an extortion cum attempt to murder case. The arrested individuals were identified as Kapil a.k.a Mota (22) and Rahul (19), both residents of Rohtak district in Haryana.

Two wanted sharpshooters held in Delhi

Liquor outlets at railway, metro stations: Akhilesh slams decision

Liquor outlets at railway, metro stations: Akhilesh slams decision
The Samajwadi Party has slammed the Yogi Adityanath government's decision to set up liquor outlets at railway platforms, Metro stations and cruises. Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav said the move was "immoral" and against public interest. The state cabinet on Tuesday had given nod to setting up of liquor outlets at railway stations on the lines of similar outlets operating at airports.  

Liquor outlets at railway, metro stations: Akhilesh slams decision

Parliament security breach: Delhi court extends till Jan 5 police custody of four accused

Parliament security breach: Delhi court extends till Jan 5 police custody of four accused
The accused individuals -- Sagar Sharma, Manoranjan D., Neelam Azad and Amol Shinde -- were produced before the Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Hardeep Kaur of Patiala House Courts. The court extended their custody on an application moved by police. The four accused were produced before court on expiry of their previously granted seven-day police custody after they were arrested on December 13.

Parliament security breach: Delhi court extends till Jan 5 police custody of four accused

Delhi HC urges swift decision from EC on Rahul Gandhi's 'pickpocket' jibe at PM

Delhi HC urges swift decision from EC on Rahul Gandhi's 'pickpocket' jibe at PM
The Delhi High Court on Thursday asked the Election Commission to promptly decide, preferably within eight weeks, on the notice issued to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, noting that the alleged statements are "not in good taste". This notice is in relation to Gandhi's alleged "pickpocket" comment directed at Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a speech last month.

Delhi HC urges swift decision from EC on Rahul Gandhi's 'pickpocket' jibe at PM