Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian-American Woman Honoured With Flag Flown Over US Capitol

Indian-American Woman Honoured With Flag Flown Over US Capitol
A US lawmaker has honoured an Indian-American woman posthumously by hoisting the American flag over the Capitol in her honour.

Indian-American Woman Honoured With Flag Flown Over US Capitol

Bodies Of Two Indians Lying In Saudi For Weeks

Jaswinder Singh (56), from Kapurthala district in Punjab, died on February 21. Ponnam Satyanarayana (48), from Jagtial district in Telangana, passed away on March 11. 

Bodies Of Two Indians Lying In Saudi For Weeks

China Bans Muslim Names Like 'Saddam', 'Jihad' For Newborns In Restive Xinjiang

China Bans Muslim Names Like 'Saddam', 'Jihad' For Newborns In Restive Xinjiang
On April 1, the authorities in Xinjiang had also imposed new rules banning "abnormal" beards or a full veil

China Bans Muslim Names Like 'Saddam', 'Jihad' For Newborns In Restive Xinjiang

New Video Of Militants In Kashmir Does Rounds On Social Media

New Video Of Militants In Kashmir Does Rounds On Social Media
A new video of at least 30 militants in army fatigues brandishing assault rifles at an unknown location in the Kashmir Valley is doing the rounds on social media.

New Video Of Militants In Kashmir Does Rounds On Social Media

Indian-American Doctors' Body Shocked Over Murthy's Sacking

Indian-American Doctors' Body Shocked Over Murthy's Sacking
A top body of Indian-American doctors has expressed shock and disappointment over the Trump administration's dismissal of physician Vivek Murthy as the US Surgeon General.

Indian-American Doctors' Body Shocked Over Murthy's Sacking

Canadian Man Pleads Guilty To Attempting To Export Fentanyl Into U.S.

Canadian Man Pleads Guilty To Attempting To Export Fentanyl Into U.S.
A Canadian man has pleaded guilty to attempting to export fentanyl products and other synthetic drugs from China into the United States.

Canadian Man Pleads Guilty To Attempting To Export Fentanyl Into U.S.